Just picked up the blue one. Was tempted to save $15 and get the came version. But I personally think the blue is nicer and and personally blue/red are easier for me to see in the air. Plus, I found a 10% off coupon and save even more
Great 90/100m starter jetI'm hoping. I have some 120mph foamies, but this will be a nice entry into fiberglass.
I saw several mods that I plan on doing including ducts, landing gear block, etc.
A few questions still remain:
1) I saw that HS-81's were used in one thread. What i recommended all around? All HS81 (mg version or regular)?
2) In all videos' it looks like tail just about hits the ground to maintain landing glide slope. Any issues hitting ground?
3) Some videos look like wings rocking too much. I'm guessing EXPO of 30 to 40% or more needed?
4) Is tail considered a V-tail as far as transmitter is concerned? or treat as regular elevator?
5) Someone mentioned they glued wings on for strength. Are some using silicone for easy removal?
6) I have a free Castle HV80 ICE and 10A CC BEC (was beta tester). I noticed directions recommended 85A and some here are recommending 110A. Since I have 80A HV ESC for free, will that be ok? Cutoff shows it is good til 120A. I'd like to run this as 8S so I can use 4S1P batteries that I already have. i.e. TL of 4 packs. (2) of them in series x 2, and those two in parallel giving me 8S 4300mah at 25C. If not, I could get 6S Rhinos, but using 4S would mean I can use same batts for all my other planes which are 4S. :-)
7) I noticed a lot of CG issues. Is it better to get a 90mm and stuff further in tail, or add tail weight and get a 101mm fan? I'm thinking a 90mm won't be enough performance. I'd like somewhere between 80mph and 120mph; possible?