Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RC Lander F9f 70mm jet from Nitroplanes

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

RC Lander F9f 70mm jet from Nitroplanes

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 PM
capt_todd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC Lander F9f 70mm jet from Nitroplanes

Just bought it, wondering what servos are required. I like HXT-900 9 gram servos but I am wondering if the gears will strip on them if used in this plane? Also I need to know what motor and esc, preferably Turnigy. I plan on using 4s batteries. Also, make sure we are on the same plane...the 70mm not the 68mm.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Lander F9f 70mm jet from Nitroplanes

I assume, by your questions, that you bought the "kit" version? If that's the case then shop here for a motor & fan combo .... http://edfhobbies.com/index.php?route=common/home. I recommend the SAPAC 70mm combo.
OR you can go with the RC Lander metal fan/motor for much more money. There's also a relatively new 76mm conversion for the Panther.

Shop here for metal gear servos for retracts and nose steering ....http://www.hobbypartz.com/ . I like the TowerPro MG90's and the TowerPro SG90's for control surfaces. Also look here for a HobbyWing ESC ...I think the SAPAC needs an 80amp but, I recommend the 100amp so you can fly it on 4s or 5s at you option. At some point you'll want more speed and 5s should satisfy you and all you'll need is the bigger battery.

I also recommend servoless retracts. You'll have FAR less trouble with them. HK has them for less than $60 shipped. Search for "DSR retracts". OR you can buy the RC Lander brand for more money. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

You also need to check out the the F9F Panther thread on the "other" big forum. There are lots of things to consider with this bird. I had one and it fell victim to the "low speed pitch-up" defect. Hope you can solve that gremlin. I have another one but, am afraid to build it until there is a solid solution to that problem. Don't want to loose another beautiful bird.

I'm gathering parts to build my RCL F16D kit I'll be using the SAPAC fan & motor with the HobbyWing 100amp ESC, servoless retracts, and 5s battery. My servos will be all TowerPro MG90's.

RJ