Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Twin edf Airbus A320

Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Dennis H.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin edf Airbus A320

Ok all, first nothing is ready yet, I got a friend working on getting the parts we need on cad. {NOTHING YET IS FIRM ONLY IN THE TALK STAGE }But If there is enough people who is interested in getting a short kit cut, ThenMAYBEwe might be able to get a discount. But I would like to see a show of hands on how many would like a short kit. AGAIN NOTHING IS READY, AND NOTHING IS FIRM YET.

You can download the plans from here.

http://www.aerosquare.com/content/view/29/42/lang,en/

Edit: I forgot to add, if you would like a short kit, please come here and let us know. The more ppl we get, we might be able to get a group discount.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049593
Old 05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Dennis H.

Default RE: Twin edf Airbus A320

Last night I printed the plans out, WOW its big! Could not find my digi cam charger, So I had to use my cell phone cam.

The fuselage came at a little over 5ft. That 8 sheets of printing paper, The rudder took 2 sheets, The front view took 8 sheet, Not picture is the wing, I only printed the left wing. Oh my wall clock is about 21in. tall to help with the size of these plans.

EDIT: I think I boo boo on the wing size, I'll post later until I can find my problem.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47689.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1203065  
Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Wherewolf

I've just printed those plans too... rather thick pack of A4 paper

I wanna have retracts too.. but now thinking about EDF units. VasaFan 65 are recommended on plans, but I am thinking

about ... https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...idProduct=7888

they say about 1 kg of thrust (37oz)... and so, 2 of this units could be good... but I am new in electro.... is it REALLY possible

to get such a thrust with this unit, 40A reg and 4S1P Lipo?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Dennis H.

Hi Wherewolf,

I too have been looking at the same duct fan, but I don't know anything about them. When you printed the plans, Did they come out the same size as the plans? I have try but they were ether to big or to small What program did you use to print them?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Wherewolf

Hi Dennis!

I've printed them on Laserjet using Adobe Acrobat.
Not Reader.
It splitted all plans to a set of A4 pages. 35 pages for fuselage plans (if I not mistaken) and so on...

really nice size... I plan to use a bit longer retracts for scale look (they should move tyres into the central part of the wing...
some modification needed for this, but not too much, I guess....

as for that EDF... I have no info too... but I think, it would be good idea to get only 1 set and test it on a simple foam flying wing...
(it should be like a semi scale Me163 ^_^ )... and if OK, will take another one... if not - price is not too high to die for it... and ESC with battary
could be used with Vasafan .... or another better EDF....
Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am very interested, and would be interested in a short kit as well.  I cannot get the plans to download, evidently my server here is preventing it.  WOuld it be possible to attach the files here to this thread so we can download it from here?

Thanks

Tommy

Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Dennis H.

Tommy,

I don't think that is possible, These plans are on his site, and he the deginer. But if you PM me your e-mail I will try to send them to you
Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Dennis H.

Hi  Wherewolf,

I'm using a program call tile print, Its a good program if I just knew how to use it the right way.
I only have  Adobe Acrobat Reader, But last night I started printing with it, It coming out good, but slow. I got the right size wing core now. Then one day??
I always say maybe one day Lol...  anyways if this jet flys good I might try a 6ft w/s!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Wherewolf

Hi Dennis!

It was the very first Idea in my mind when I so those plans to scale them up twice!!! for 120mm EDF ))

But, I think I'd better try original size first... then - time will tell....

Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Dennis H.

Wow 120mm fan!I never even though of going that size! That would be a major build, Well I just finshs printing all the plans out, Man there are alot of paper! In a day or two I will tape them all together. Then take them down the street and have them in large to about 125% to give me a 74in. w/s or about 188mm
But I'll most likely build it first original size first Lol......

But who knows?

ORIGINAL: Wherewolf

Hi Dennis!

It was the very first Idea in my mind when I so those plans to scale them up twice!!! for 120mm EDF ))

But, I think I'd better try original size first... then - time will tell....