Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Nitroplanes.com?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:26 PM
turnandburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitroplanes.com?

Afternoon forum,

Has anyone ever ordered edf jets from nitroplanes.com...I am thinking of buying the 64mm f-16 rtf, but I'm not sure how these people do business. I mainly order from Hobby-Lobby and Tower Hobbies.

Thanks for yor help

Old 07-25-2009, 07:55 PM
tankertoad

Default RE: Nitroplanes.com?

I have ordered from them a few times. You get notification e-mails and quick shipping. I have no complaints.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:47 PM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

I have also ordered from them a few times....good service, no complaints. Just a thought about those RTF planes...NO MATTER WHO IS SELLING THEM... they are all manufactured by the same few factories in China. Most of the air frames (foam) look nice and fly well. HOWEVER, the servos are usually of very poor quality, fan units may be severly out of balance. Look for poor solder joints, ESC's are sometimes over rated for the load....etc, etc. If you can, I would suggest buying the "bare bones" versions and adding your own electrics. (HiTec servos, E-Flite or Jetti ESC's, or the ones from Great Planes. Also, consider using quality LiPo's such as MaxAmps, Xcite to name just a few.....You will be MUCH happier in the long run. Just my 2 cents!

Regards,

Gary
Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 AM
turnandburn

I have not considered the bare-bones version...that sounds like a good idea. I was planning on using my own radio gear, the tx at least.
I had an art-tech falcon 3D rtf helicopter and after about a dozen flights my tail servo failed, sent it spinning....there was no recovering from that[:@] I'm going to take the advice.

thanks guys
e-mail notifications, quick shipping and good service? sounds good to me[8D]

Old 07-26-2009, 09:14 AM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

Please check out the line of stuff at SAPAC...Really nice people to deal with and most of their products are available as ARF, RR, or RTF. I have their Gripen JAS-39, Eurofighter, and F22. They are all powered with their stock Fan units and motors, but I used my own servos, ESC's, LiPo's, and radio.

http://shop.sapacamerica.com/browse.cfm/2,6.html And, NO...I am not afilliated with them, just a very satisfied customer.

Gary
Old 07-26-2009, 11:57 AM
mark_d

I have a 15 size ultimate, a 101mm ucav, a .25 Falcon, and an F86-d sabre. They are resonably good quality except for the glass fusalages on the sabre and the ucav, very wavey. The ucav is so bad I had to take the inner supports out and replace them so the canopy would even fit, even then the waves are very bad. I've seen pictures of others that did nto look so bad so maybe it woas a fluke and I didn't report it to Nitroplanes to allow them to correct it which they may have done, it just didn't seem worth the effort to me.

There delivery and communications have always been very good and the prices are the best I've seen on the bigger planes at least when you figue in the shipping. They have a support forum in RCU you may want to visit to see how they handle themselves.

I agree with Gary, get teh bare bones and add your own accessories, that way you know what you are getting.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:07 AM
rccrazer

i have donebusiness with their online buddies. nitrorcx.com hobbypartz.com and they always deliver. never beendisappointedwith them. they ont keep your credit or debit card # or any personal info. so its safe and parts are fairly easy to geta holdof.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:41 AM
blkz2801

I just bought a Airfield F16 from nitroplanes and had no problems. I wish it was a little faster.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
F-16 Skywalker

Just ordered an F/A-18 last week, got here in 4 days, got e-mails and ups tracking numbers too, I will order again, no complaints here.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:30 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I just ordered the RTF F5 tiger on Thursday and got shipping and tracking info on Friday. Very fast I jusy hope the plane looks as good as the video on thier web site
Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

I bought a receiver ready F-18 from them last year in the tiger meet colors. It was the one with the 64mm EDF and 1300mah 3s Lipo. All you had to do was install your own receiver. I was very pleased with the looks of the plane, but very disapointed with the speed or lack there of. It flew slow like trainer rather than fast like a jet. Thinking about going with a 4S pack and ditching the 25A ESC that came with it and uping to a 30A or larger.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM
00ldschool

I would not suggest nitroplanes.com. I bought a F-117Rx Readythat could hardly even drag itself into the air with a 1800mah 30C Zippy.It actually took 290 feet to get airborne!! Then when it did get into the air, it would not make the turn at the end of our airfield. Wiped out the plane and my brand new Rx. Of course, What a gutless wonder that thing was!! The onlything they offered to do about it was give me free shipping on mynext order!!I say Buyer beware!!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 PM
GuitarPlayer

With reguards to nitroplanes and xheli(the same company) I have this to say about my purchase.

This bird is not for beginners. The manual is very difficult to understand, it's mostly Chinese. I wouldn't call it a RTF. I spent over 2 hours correctly setting it up. The gyro IS NOT a heading hold model. It is a "buffer" at best. The radio is not laid out like other Tx's. Without Youtube and experience, a person could get hurt during the start-up with this radio. Now for the downside. DO NOT buy from "xheli.com" or "nitroplanes.com"(they are the same company). Customer service hung up on me twice when I was unsatisfied with the included charger. Claims(both online and in the manual) are that the charger is rated for 1amp. I spent some time with it and got a maximum current of 350mah. The stock battery, 2200mah, takes 6.5 hours to charge. I spoke with customer service and they said that these figures are within there companies expectations of this charger. When I began reading the manual's details for the charger back to them, they hung up! If only based on the companies attitude, I cannot recomend them and if this is a first chopper stay away from the erazor, or get an experienced pilot to help.