Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

nitroplane honda jet problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

nitroplane honda jet problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:09 AM
gizmos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitroplane honda jet problems

I have built two honda jets and both have crashed. The first one crashed because we thought it was a engine failure.But after the second crash, we think it was the same thing, bad wood in tail/poor design. On the second one, we taped the flight. After take off, we pulled the power back to 50% and came around the field. As it passed us, we could hear and see the stab fluttering and we slow down for landing. On final, 5 ft off the deck, it broke and a total loss. We took the plane apart and found that the tail section is made with soft 4 to 6lb balsa, not the correct wood. The next thing we found, was the tork rod between the two elev was twisting( too small and soft)
I would recommend to anyone that is going to build and fly this model to make these changes:
1. rebuld the tail section with better wood and maybe put an airfoil on the stab/elev.
2. If you rebuild with same shape, put two servos on the elev, one on each half
3. dont us himax duct fans. WE HAVE SEND 4 MOTOR BACK DUE TO DEFECTS, THEY TEST RAN ALL OF THEIR NEW MOTOR FROM INVENTORY AND NO MOTOR WOULD RUN MORE THAT 5 MINUTES BEFORE IT WOULD BURN UP. THIS IS THEIR 100MM EDF THEY SELL. WE LOST TWO NITROPLANE'S HERO 100 JETS DUE TO THESE MOTOR.
4. CHECK CG., YOU HAVE TO MOVE THE RELOCATE THE AIR CAN, THIS IS WHERE THE BATT MUST GO. IF NOT, BAD NOSE HEAVY
5. I have also talked to other people that have crashed lots of these planes and they found that the wings have differnet incendent, one guy said that the wing mold on his plane we 0 degree on one side and 3 1/4 on the other side.