Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

"HELP PLEASE" Stolen items.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

"HELP PLEASE" Stolen items.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 PM
shockwave
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "HELP PLEASE" Stolen items.

Hey Guys,

I just had my truck broken into last night and I am trying to get the word out for people to keep their eyes open; hopefully we can chatch these *****#%&*!. I filed a police report this morning and I will be updating this thread later today with pictures.

I live in Pacifica CA

Items Stolen:

New JR 10X Radio with 2.4 module. in JR case " has a black sticker on the back side that says "for jet fuel only".
2 10 channel recievers. Not sure of the model yet.
JR Data Safe II.

2nd Case a little larger than the JR Case
2 Thunderpower 1010 Chargers
2 210 Ballancers attached to the chargers
3 New Tenergy 5000 MH batteries with Deans connectors
2 Thermal Temp Checker
Tools and lots of interface addapeters.

If anyone hears of anything or see postings on Ebay Craigs list RCgroups could you please point those ads my way?

I really feel screwed and I don't have the funds to replace these items.

Thanks alot guys.

David Mosher
959 Crespi Drive
Pacifica CA.
650-255-3266

Pacifica CA 94044.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:44 PM
jabs1542

Default RE:

David,

As a tip (been through this before with a friend of mine), when someone does point you to the eBay listing here’s what you do. 1) Look at the seller and track down their info, it is particularly useful to note if they are in driving distance from you. 2) If so, notify the police (usually a detective will be assigned) and let them know the Ebay seller’s name that is selling potentially stolen goods. If the listing is a long ways away then you will have to notify a local authority close to the seller, once again, let them know that Ebay seller “x” located at “y” is selling potentially stolen goods. 3) The local authorities can then request to see the items from the seller (they don’t even need a search warrant) and can then identify the items. 4) If the items are yours then they can further pursue the person that hired the seller in the first place (usually the seller is being VERY cooperative by this time).

What you do NOT want to do, do not contact the seller yourself. You will only tip them off and they will close the auction and pack up and try again later. Usually when they do this they do it much later so that you will most likely not see it.

Jay
Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 PM
shockwave
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: RE:

Thanks for the info Jay, much appreciated.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Ace2Be

That really sucks! I sympathize with your loss and good luck in getting your valuable R/C gear back.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Shockwave:

Just to let you know that someone in the central valley (Merced) will be on the lookout. This is California, they will have to get a warrant. If you are close see if the cops will let you to to identify the stuff. Several Christmas ago someone broke into our new home while we were at the show with the kids. Took all the presents under the tree and my new HI-fi and JBL speakers out of the wall. Wife called the Sheriff, I got out the 9MM and walked around the house. Found footprints in the sandy backyard leading to a freshly plowed field. Followed the footprints to a older house down the street all the way into the garage. Had recently rained. Went home, told sheriff what I had found, he confirmed and called in for a warrant at 12:30 PM. At 6:00 Am as the sun was starting to come up I went back and watched the garage door. Around 6:30 I herd a engine start, the garage door opened and a old van started out. In a moment of good judgment, the driver stopped and got out along with another teenage rapper type. Put them back in the van, drove to my house and had the punks putting back the Christmas stuff when the phone rang and informed a warrant had been issued. Sheriff insisted our stuff had to be kept in custody for evidence, let them keep the hi-fi after a row. Spent the rest of the day in jail for "brandishing a weapon", ordered released at around 7:PM, charges dropped. Wonder when we will get back to justice rather than political correctness. ENJOY
Old 09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
iflyrc1012
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE:

i'm in n.y.c. so i doubt i'll be any help, but if you are an a.m.a. member, then you can file a stolen property report with them, and they will file a claim for you. all that stuff is covered under your a.m.a. insurance!!!! you'll have a check to replace your stolen property in a few weeks.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:39 PM
magnum500

Default RE:

keep us posted , nothing rots me more than a theif ! me and my two friends smith and wesson are always looking to change a theif`s mind