Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hobby Lobby F35 Vectored Thrust

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Hobby Lobby F35 Vectored Thrust

Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 PM
1FST ZR1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby F35 Vectored Thrust

Hello all and happy new year. I just want to share my expierence with this edf as the only other one I have had was the grossly underpowered e-flight F-16 even with the 480 and 4s upgrade it was still no fun, well this is a different story and I do follow the forums and did a little research before I chose this over the habu. For $280.00 you get an EDF that when put togather with a little extra attention will perform right out of the box with no problems. The only weakness I have had to deal with is the front retract, if you get any and I mean any grit or dirt in the mechanical area it will not extend but as long as you do not get it dirty it will work as I have close to 20 flights so far and it is still going strong but on the 3rd flight i landed long and went into some dirt and had to take it out and clean it up.
The performance is pretty good but it does not have great vertical but it can be flown out of a small area if thats all you have as it will rotate and climb out with the vectoring on in about 50ft. It is a floater on landings and very predictable, I have to say this is one fun bird and can not wait to hear of some type of power upgrade or the option of running 5s. I did have some video and im sure I will have a you tube link in about a week but it is the 1st flight and the video isnt to reavealing, overall I am very happy and will buy another one when I need to. Oh and I usually fly for 4-5 min and that leaves a good min of practice approaches just incase. The batt it comes with is probably one very close to a zippy 20c 2200mah, so a really good 3000-4000 mah bat would be perfect and may fit with little to no modding.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:15 AM
linuxgurugamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Lobby F35 Vectored Thrust

What are the dimensions of the battery compartment in the F-35?

I'm considering this plane, and would like to get a more powerful battery than the standard. I've heard of people putting in 3300mah batteries, but I haven't found any info on the space available.

Thanks

JBB