Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How does NP do 72mhz on delta wings?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

How does NP do 72mhz on delta wings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:19 PM
STSDriver
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does NP do 72mhz on delta wings?

I am doing a project of my own, but I was wondering how Nitroplanes sell various delta wing planes that utlilize elevons, with an FM 72mhz non-computerized radios that can't electronically mix the elevators/ailerons.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/arjettiedfre.html
http://www.nitroplanes.com/neblefeurcdu.html

Do they have a seperate stand-alone electronic mixer? Or are they mechanically mixed some how? If the latter, how?

Regards,
Shawn
Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 AM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How does NP do 72mhz on delta wings?

Back in the day before computer radios we used mechanical mixing for elevons, flaperons etc. The mixer in the pic is one that i used for flaperons long ago. I can't tell on the Eurofighter but the Jetiger has dual servos which pretty much eliminates mechanical mixing. It must be mixed in the radio somehow i would assume.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82969.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1366307  
Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 AM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

If you don't have a computer radio, you will need an separate electronic V-tail mixer.

Joey
Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 PM
STSDriver
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: xviper

Back in the day before computer radios we used mechanical mixing for elevons, flaperons etc. The mixer in the pic is one that i used for flaperons long ago. I can't tell on the Eurofighter but the Jetiger has dual servos which pretty much eliminates mechanical mixing. It must be mixed in the radio somehow i would assume.
Yea there are a couple different options. That's one is popular, there also is basically an "L" servo horn on the end ofan "L"servo horn that works. And what I might try is by far the most crude where basically one servo acts as the aileron servo, then another servo pulls that servo to act as elevators.

What I was told elsewhere was that the radios are hard-wired for elevons.

ORIGINAL: SoppyJoe

If you don't have a computer radio, you will need an separate electronic V-tail mixer.

Joey
Well, like above there are a number of mechanical mixers. I'm just wondering for a mass company(ies) that sell these planes, how they do it the most efficiently when you have non-computerized and computerized radios.

What is getting me is that there aren't any different parts. All NP has is the generic FM radio, nor do they have like "special" replacement parts for these planes. I wonder what happens when someone with a Jetiger needs a replacement FM radio? I would think ifthey all have electronic mixers,NP would have those parts lised?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:15 AM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess that the radio is set up for elevons since they are RTF's or as sloppyjoe suggested, use a separate electronic mixer. I very much doubt that any of them would use a mechanical mix now adays and with dual servos it has to be an electronic mix. If they have dual servos and you need/want to replace the radio then mixing would be easy assuming your radio is capable.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
CBM Racing

I know there are a few cheap tx that use elevon mixing that are not computerized, like the hitech 3ch cheapy with 1 stick and a slider bar for throttle. It is an old model, so I am sure there are lots more around today. Has a simple switch like dual rates, but for elevon or normal. So, not a problem.