Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hobby Lobby Euro EDF vector thrust

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Hobby Lobby Euro EDF vector thrust

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 PM
PassionOfFlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby Euro EDF vector thrust

Has anybody have one or know of someone who does that can give some insight on it?

www.hobby-lobby.com/eurofighter_496377_prd1.htm

Thanks......
Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Hobby Lobby Euro EDF vector thrust

Yes. How can I help?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:22 PM
PassionOfFlight

ORIGINAL: MustangAce

Yes. How can I help?

I'm thinking on pullin the trigger on this bird and was looking for some reviews. Thanks for the fast reply........

Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 PM
MustangAce

Haven't built mine yet, but initial reports are that retract mount area needs a little epoxy. Online flight video looks awesome. LED's, struts, scale cockpit, and the German insignia!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
MustangAce

Old 03-17-2010, 11:09 PM
PassionOfFlight

Haven't built mine yet, but initial reports are that retract mount area needs a little epoxy. Online flight video looks awesome. LED's, struts, scale cockpit, and the German insignia!

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. Yes, that video looks awsome, thats what had me droolin on the keyboard..... Has everything, Nice package. How did it look out of the box? Do they ship well? This would be my first "Foam" aircraft. Are they pretty sturdie?

Thanks,

Ed

Old 03-18-2010, 04:13 AM
MustangAce

Bought mine at the store, but the boxes are packed very well. As far as foamies go, you're not going to find a better one.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
PassionOfFlight

Bought mine at the store, but the boxes are packed very well. As far as foamies go, you're not going to find a better one.

Thankyou for the info.....................................

Old 05-15-2010, 01:38 PM
aminklein

Sorry, but I have to disagree. The Eurojet is big and good looking, but I don't think it's very good quality. Assembly was pretty easy. They recomment to clean up the epoxy with alcohol, but the alcohol takes off the grey paint and/or leaves white streaks. More importantly, the serovs are purely trash. I cycled the landing gear a few times, trying to adjust the end points, and in6 or 7 cycles, all three of the gear servos died. The servos are not programmable and they are so fast that the gear literally snaps up and down. The gear door on the front gear was knocked off its hings after only a few cycles. I've already replaced the three gear servos, and it hasn't even left the shop where it was assembled. Like all of the Chinese manufactures, the wiring is also real cheap. One of the thrusters didn't work. It took me days to realize that one of the Y-connectors was defective. A new Y-connector solved that. Incidently, a new Hitec Y-connector also didn't work. I finally used a JR connector, and everything was fine.

I really believe that this jet is too big for foam. The control surfaces, hinged surfaces don't look like they'll last very long.

Just so you don't think that I'm a complainer, check out BananaHobby's F-22 Raptor. It's large but of very good quality. The landing gear is also mechanical, but the servos are slow, giving the servos a slow, scale look. Really good quality.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1882.html

They are also offering a new F-16. It looks great. The gear is a little fast, but still OK.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1996.html

Finally, my favorite from China is from RC Castle. It's a T-50. It's really a beautiful plane. It has electric retracts, and even an electric canopy. Check out the video.

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1580

Good luck. Art M

Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 PM
dos007
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too slow for me...mine is for sale, rtf w/ spectrum 9 channel reciever and batteries
Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
PassionOfFlight

ORIGINAL: aminklein

Sorry, but I have to disagree. The Eurojet is big and good looking, but I don't think it's very good quality. Assembly was pretty easy. They recomment to clean up the epoxy with alcohol, but the alcohol takes off the grey paint and/or leaves white streaks. More importantly, the serovs are purely trash. I cycled the landing gear a few times, trying to adjust the end points, and in6 or 7 cycles, all three of the gear servos died. The servos are not programmable and they are so fast that the gear literally snaps up and down. The gear door on the front gear was knocked off its hings after only a few cycles. I've already replaced the three gear servos, and it hasn't even left the shop where it was assembled. Like all of the Chinese manufactures, the wiring is also real cheap. One of the thrusters didn't work. It took me days to realize that one of the Y-connectors was defective. A new Y-connector solved that. Incidently, a new Hitec Y-connector also didn't work. I finally used a JR connector, and everything was fine.

I really believe that this jet is too big for foam. The control surfaces, hinged surfaces don't look like they'll last very long.

Just so you don't think that I'm a complainer, check out BananaHobby's F-22 Raptor. It's large but of very good quality. The landing gear is also mechanical, but the servos are slow, giving the servos a slow, scale look. Really good quality.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1882.html

They are also offering a new F-16. It looks great. The gear is a little fast, but still OK.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1996.html

Finally, my favorite from China is from RC Castle. It's a T-50. It's really a beautiful plane. It has electric retracts, and even an electric canopy. Check out the video.

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1580

Good luck. Art M

That F-16 is looking sweet!!!!!!