Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Duced Fan Problems

Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 AM
fishieCJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duced Fan Problems

I have an upgraded a 10 wathog from nitro planes. When i put it together (it is a RTF) the ducted fans wont spin and just keep making beeping sounds. I tried charging the battery it didnt help. All the control surfaces work (eg ailerons,elevator and rudder). Also when I received the package the antenna for the trans mitter wasnt attached ( Guanli Skysport 4)does anyone know how to put the antenna on. and just tell me what other info you need to help and ill try my best.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 AM
mark_d

Default RE: Duced Fan Problems

You say upgraded, did you upgrade the ESC to an optoisolated? If so you won't be able to move your servos either until you add a bEC or radio battery.

- I just read you message a little more closely, without the anntena it won't get the signal; if it is like the HK it should just screw on the top.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Mr Ammo

as crazy as it may sound check your connections and maintain polarity. Sounds like you have BEC, servos work, so check all servos, and check connections for the motors.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:41 AM
fishieCJ

When I say upgraded thats from nitroplanes.com, upgraded forom brushed to brushless motors. Well i got the antenna to go in turns out you just screw it it in ( silly me) but when i was testing it again the motors sudenly came on full blast thecame at me, scared meand i disconnected the battery immediately so idk what that was maybe it was interference . I am still getting beeping from the motors. but ill go and check the connections
Old 03-27-2010, 11:53 AM
mark_d

The motors will beep to give you information, that is normal.  The ESC is actually playing the motor like a speaker.  Different brands have different meanings e.g. the castle creations will play a tune that will not complete until a full low signal is received, the tune includes a dash for each cell detected.  The throttle channel may need to be reversed.  Most ESCs have a lock out to prevent the throttle from coming on unless the stick has been in the full off position once.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:29 PM
fishieCJ

So how do i "translate" what the motors are saying and ill try reversing the throttle
Old 03-27-2010, 01:33 PM
fishieCJ

YAY! I reversed the throttle and the beeping stopped and it started to work thank you everyone who helped me
Old 03-27-2010, 09:14 PM
mark_d

Great!  You'll need to search for the manual for the ESC to find out the meaning.  What is the brand and model?