Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hobby Lobby Eurofighter 360

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Hobby Lobby Eurofighter 360

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 PM
mydartswinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby Eurofighter 360

I went to one of my LHSs today to look around to see what he had. We got to talking about jets and such, and he pointed out this rather large foam EDF. When he opened the box to show me what was inside, I was shocked that to find that it's actually a decent size compared to all of the hand launch foam EDFs I'm accustomed to seeing. Despite being foam, it actually looked pretty good. It really peaked my interest, especially after watching 4 gas turbine jets fly only hours earlier.

Here's a link to Hobby-Lobby's product page:
[link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/eurofighter.htm]http://www.hobby-lobby.com/eurofighter.htm[/link]

Has anyone had any experience with this plane?
If so,
Are the retracts strong enough to fly it off of a somewhat rough grass strip (the plane's a bit larger than I'd like to attempt a hand launch with)?
How does it perform (the videos make it look good, but what about real world flight)?
What about slow flight?
Stall characteristics?
Overall quality?
Other thoughts?

Since the question of my experience may come up, I've been flying 4-channel glow models for the last 2 years ranging from a PTS Mustang trainer to a .60 size Yak 54 to a Nemesis 52 to a Super Decathlon. I've also been flying helicopters for 3 years.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 AM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Hobby Lobby Eurofighter 360

I'm changing my servos to hs-65mg's on the retracts. Just a little insurance for ruff landings.
Nice looking BIG airplane.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 AM
mydartswinger

Mustang,
I noticed in another thread you posted about initial reports. Would you, by chance, have a link to where you found that info?

Thanks a bunch.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 AM
MustangAce

np.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198859
Old 03-28-2010, 07:51 PM
mydartswinger

Thanks again for the link. LOTS of good info in there, though I did have to dig for about 10-15 pages or so before I started to see any real world flight reports. That thread's got me thinking even harder about getting one, and pushing me closer to the edge of purchase.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:57 PM
bhoges17

From the edf's that I have flown and my buddies have stay away. The landing gear doesnt ever hold up well,flights are too short and stock power systems and electronics are crap. The best edf for the money is the Habu. All good componets and the foam is strong. A 60amp esc and a great motor and metal gear servos. I only buy bare airframes and put good HS65 servos and use Dons esc's and motor.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 PM
MustangAce

The Habu is nice, but not even the same category
Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 PM
MaxThrottle

That's funny cause I noticed this thread from a Habu electric failure of some kind.
Mustang is right the habu is not comparable. The Habu has no retract gear problems cause it has no retracts. How do you compare that?
This is a scale, Thrust Vectored, 1:1, 90mm, low wing load plane with retract and lighting. The Habu has none of those. I've topped out at 1600watts and I'm pushing 2.8kg. The Habu????
The weakness of this model is the servos and the landing gear. You can get better servos or use the changeSun electric retracts for the same $$$. If you have a bad servo have HL replace it.

I have yet to hear concern over the electrics. There is one posted report of a Fan failing, no report as to why and some servos had to be replaced before flight. Other than that the landing gear is the only on going concern and that can be fixed with shim and better servos.
If you need a good RTF cause you are in a rush this may not be your answer but if you want a Mustang when it got its Merlin then this is your plane. A few simple fixes and no one would even notice if a Habuian was in the sky at the same time.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Retracts are available for the HABU.......fwiw
Old 07-14-2010, 04:49 PM
MaxThrottle

True you can custom add retracts to just about anything. The Habu comes fixed gear this has retracts and can take a variety of retracts with little custom work.
The point was raised for a poor comparison of two different jets classes. Little point in comparing an apple to a cow.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 PM
El Bucho

In the manual it talks all about the mixing programing with a Spektrum radio. Can the Futaba 10C handle the mixing just as well? I would assume so, but would like to know for sure before I drop some dough!

EB
Old 08-16-2010, 02:52 PM
MaxThrottle

Yes you should have no trouble mixing with a 10. It needs a min of 6 channels.
Various options

6Channels
[(Ail), (Ele) delta Y'd to TV], [(Rudder) steering, TV Yaw], [Throttle], [Gear], [(Flap) Y'd to Canards pitch only (note one servo is reveresed) mix Elv-Flap].

Sources say Canards do not Roll on the full scale and causes coupled rolls rather than axial for the model.
Putting the Canard on flap channel/flap program also allows to increase preset down angles of Canard for slower landing approach (i.e. Normal-2* down, Landing 6* down) and or depending on radio preset Flap Elev mix can be used to reverse the Canard to down only for high speed turns.

7Channels Canards on/off option
[(Ail), (Ele) delta Y'd to TV], [(Rudder) steering, TV Yaw], [Throttle], [Gear], [(Aux1), (Aux2) to Pitch and Roll Canards (note one servo is reveresed) 4 mixes, Ail-Aux1, Ail-Aux2, Elv-Aux1, Elv-Aux2]. Sources say Canards does not Roll on the full scale and causes coupled rolls rather than axial.

or

7Channels Thrust Vectoring on/off option
[(Ail), (Ele) delta Y'd to Canard], [(Rudder) steering, TV Yaw], [Throttle], [Gear], [(Aux2), (Aux3) TV Left, TV Right, 4 mixes, Ail-Aux1, Ail-Aux2, Elv-Aux1, Elv-Aux2].

8Channels Adjustable Pitch Canard and On/Off TV
[(Ail), (Ele) delta], [(Rudder) Y'd steering, TV Yaw], [Throttle], [Gear], [(Flap) Y'd to Canards pitch only (note one servo is reveresed) mix Elv-Flap or Elv], [(Aux2), (Aux3) TV Left, TV Right, 4 mixes, Ail-Aux2, Ail-Aux3, Elv-Aux2, Elv-Aux3].

6 channel option allows you to use other channels for controlled video angle, bomb drop, switch controlled lighting etc.