Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

which Fan/motor combo for sapac viperjet

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

which Fan/motor combo for sapac viperjet

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:55 AM
carl.huxford125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which Fan/motor combo for sapac viperjet

I have a Sapac viperjet on its way to me, but not sure what fan/motor combo to fit in it, i want a high power setup, i was thinking of the Hoffman Magnetics Storm 70HW or the Extreme rc alloy fan, but as i don't have the model yet, i don't know how the fan is mounted so not sure what fans will fit, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Extreme_RC

Default RE: which Fan/motor combo for sapac viperjet

Personally I wouldnt go high power that involves extra weight, our Viperjet was not a nice handling model on 6 cells and died prematurely due to the snapish characteristics under 50mph.

Best setup is the stock fan and motor on 4 cells or something similar! I am flying the Hawk on the stock fan and motor with our 4s4000 30c packs and it flies superbly, its heavy at 1900+ grams due to retracts, scale struts, all the servos etc, but still a nice flier, any heavier than this and I would not bother flying it. The Viper really needs to be lighter to be super sweet, bungee with no gear and stock setup should see 1700g or so which would make all the difference. A 6 cell setup comes in at 2.2KG even without undercarriage, just too heavy, not enjoyable.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:24 PM
carl.huxford125

i was thinking of using the het 1w-30 using 4s 4000s with the wemotec or your alloy fan
Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Extreme_RC

Sorry Carl I missed your question! The 1W30 pulls some serious amps, even in the minifan its at 90+ on 4 cells, very short flight times. It will certainly work ok but its the battery life you need to worry about, the stock fan and motor is still I feel one of the best setups, I flew my Hawk again on the weekend and its really sweet, even at 1900 grams its smooth and has plenty of power, the climb out of a fast pass goes on for a long time and it tracks true as an arrow. I am taking off and landing with full flaps, last landing I managed to get more of a feel for the airframe and came in with a little power and nose up, hi alfa landings will be the norm once I am used to the distances needed to bleed off speed and balance it on the throttle.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
sightzero

Extreme RC,
My viper 70mm kit does not include fan or motor.
So you suggest to get fan& motor offered by Sapac,
or is there something else compatible.

Thanks,