Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Beginner A-10???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Rebel Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner A-10???

Hi Guys,

Been playing around with a FP heli and would like to get into an electric jet also.I used to fly nitro trainers in the'early '80's so I have a basic idea of orientation. Wondering if you have any suggestions for a slow (capable) flying jet . Looking at one of the A-10's. Any suggections???

Thanks!!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 PM
olwarbirds
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Beginner A-10???

Rebel, to be honest if u havnt flown a fixed wing since the 80's u might find it a good idea to get a inexpensive high wing first before attempting a edf......

There are several decent A-10's available now....the banana hobby/J-power has gotten some good reviews, getting one of those myself, nitroplanes has two different A-10's the guanli rtf and a bigger one thats not bad either for the price...DJ
Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

gws has one too. cheap foamy. stock electrics suck.but you can buy the bare frame and put some small bl's on her. it does fly nicely and very stable at slow speed.

good luck and happy flying.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Rebel Racing

Thanks Guys!!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:19 PM
wolfy888

I bought the Guanli A-10 before they upgraded the motors to BL, and am still in the process of changing them out, but I've heard that the newer version flies pretty well. Olwarbirds advice is right on the money; heli's are a different breed, and the control functions may confuse you. Get a cheap trainer and fly it around 'til you get bored before you pull the trigger on an EDF; they can be a real b**** sometimes because jets just don't like to fly slow.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Rebel Racing

Yes, I've come to my sences and will get a cheap trainer to see if I really want to get back into itsomething small that I can play around in the back yard in zero wind.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
wolfy888

A good friend of mine just started in the hobby, and he bought a Mini-Telemaster. It seems to be an excellent trainer, slow and responsive, so that would be my choice. Long ago, when I was teaching pilots, I recommended the Sig Kadet, but electrics were a far away dream then, and the only choice was nitro. Myself, I was young and brave (read stupid) and my first trainer was a Falcon 56 with a Fox .40. I had to learn about control real fast, so pick a high wing like the aforementioned craft. They have a good reputation.