RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Jets (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/)
-   -   AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH* (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/3244192-aerocat-fast-pusher-%2A70-mph%2A.html)

blwj 09-11-2005 09:58 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
BOUGHT MINE AND MAN THIS KIT IS NICE. BEST PRE RPINTED FOAM I'VE SEEN AND I HAVE ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT FOAM KITS. I PUT A WARP 4 (3 TURN ) AND ADDED A COUPLE OF PIECES OF CARBON FIBER FOR REINFORCEMENT AND MAN THIS PLANE FLIES SMOOTH AND FAST. GREAT JOB ON THIS PLANE GHOST!! KNOW BOTH MY SON'S WANT ONE. ANY VOLUME DISCOUNTS? JUST KIDDING.

Galloping Ghost 09-13-2005 09:05 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Guys,

I really appreciate the flight reports and compliments on the AeroCat. It makes all the time and effort put into the kit worth it. Our goal is to produce the finest quality, best flying foamies out there.

The second AeroCat production run will be done in a few weeks, and there will be a surprise or two. ;)

Also, the website will be undergoing some changes in the next few weeks, with more products being offered.

In the meantime, keep 'em flying fast and furious!!!

Regards,

Scott

www.Model.Aero.com



blwj 09-18-2005 08:31 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Ghost, are you out of kits at this time. Some of our club members are thinking of ahving an aerocat race. We will need some kits. Can you email me when the next run will be available.

Thanks
Blwj

blwj@swbell.net

SigMan 09-22-2005 09:24 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
which is best for top speed , inrunner or outrunner?

iflyatcae 09-22-2005 02:55 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
In general, inrunner. outrunner is usually for more torque.

Galloping Ghost 09-22-2005 05:55 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
iflyatcae- Good advice. If you want top performance, go with an inrunner, such as a Warp 4, 4 turn or a Mega 16-15-4. However, some of the high KV outrunners will provide great performance as well.

The nice thing about the AeroCat is that it flies well on many different power choices. We've flown AeroCats as light as 6.1 oz. with an AXI 2204-54 to over 15 oz. with a Warp 4, 3 turn motor.

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

SigMan 09-25-2005 08:07 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
hey G.Ghost, i have a Ultrafly Inrunner motor A/30/29, the gearbox that came with it broke the first time i used it, can you suggest an aftermarket gearbox and prop that would work well with this plane? prefer one that comes preassembled, im new to this electric stuff. thanks

Galloping Ghost 09-25-2005 09:41 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
SigMan - I have never used a gearbox on the AeroCat. It is designed for direct drive, high RPM inrunner and outrunner motors.

I'm sure it would fly with a gearbox, but there would be issues with balance, etc.

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Galloping Ghost 03-03-2006 06:15 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
1 Attachment(s)
It's been awhile since I've posted. Here's a couple pics of my AeroCat seconds after a hard mid-air at the E-Fest.

Jeff Heitman was flying it and had just throttled up for a speed pass.

I got it fixed in time for the afternoon Jet time slot. The other plane didn't fare as well. :(

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

jfassino 03-24-2006 04:11 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
I saw the AeroCat fly at Champaign, including the mid-air discussed above. I bought one at the show and put it together a few days later.

I finally had a chance to fly the AeroCat.....it is fast and easy to fly. I have the JGF400DF motor a CC25 speed control and used a 5/5 APC Prop. I elected to have rudder control too. With the weight to power ratio I would recommend the added control of rudder. This airplane will go vertical almost for ever.

The only caution is the airplane has unusual stall characteristics. Not that it is easy to stall, just after as stall it make a spiral dive and burns up altitude fast. It is easy to recover too.

AeroCat is a very good quality, comes with clear instructions and super nice flyer, a very good value.

Jim Fassino


Galloping Ghost 03-25-2006 03:28 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jfassino

I saw the AeroCat fly at Champaign, including the mid-air discussed above. I bought one at the show and put it together a few days later.

I finally had a chance to fly the AeroCat.....it is fast and easy to fly. I have the JGF400DF motor a CC25 speed control and used a 5/5 APC Prop. I elected to have rudder control too. With the weight to power ratio I would recommend the added control of rudder. This airplane will go vertical almost for ever.

The only caution is the airplane has unusual stall characteristics. Not that it is easy to stall, just after as stall it make a spiral dive and burns up altitude fast. It is easy to recover too.

AeroCat is a very good quality, comes with clear instructions and super nice flyer, a very good value.

Jim Fassino


Hi Jim,

Thanks for supporting Model Aero at the E-Fest. I'm glad you are enjoying your AeroCat.

It sounds like you may be a little tail heavy with the stall you describe. Maybe shift the battery a little forward. Also, check the lateral balance. If you mounted the battery like the instructions show, you may need a little weight out on the opposite wingtip. I have found that a penny or small washer hot glued on the wingtip will bring it into balance.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

traxxboy 03-26-2006 12:04 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Hey I am thinking about buying one of these planes. Can it take off from the water because in on of the pics it looks like it is sitting in water.

SigMan 03-26-2006 08:15 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
no water.

traxxboy 03-26-2006 01:16 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
sorry for my arrogance but it realy looked like it was in water.[&:]

Galloping Ghost 03-27-2006 10:22 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: traxxboy

sorry for my arrogance but it realy looked like it was in water.[&:]
Water operation is definitely not recommended for the AeroCat!

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

TJK 04-02-2006 07:13 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Scott,

Are you considering a slightly larger version of the Aerocat, maybe around 40" span?

Thanks,

Tom

Galloping Ghost 04-02-2006 12:58 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
1 Attachment(s)

Quote:

ORIGINAL: TJK

Scott,

Are you considering a slightly larger version of the Aerocat, maybe around 40" span?

Thanks,

Tom
Hi Tom,

There are no plans right now for a larger AeroCat. I do have a couple things in the works, including the AeroSport shown here. I'm hoping to show the prototype at the Toledo RC Show next week.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

TJK 04-03-2006 10:20 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Will you have Aerocats for sale at Toledo? I plan to be there Friday....where can I find you?

Thanks.

rubyc5 04-04-2006 10:12 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Hi, can someone please tell me if my AeroCat from Model Aero will fly ok with either one these 2 motors? I have an Axi 2212-26 or an Axi 2208-20 with a Thunderpower 3 cell 2100 lipo..Which one would fly it the fastest, or fly it at all? I also have on hand here Apc 6x5.5E prop or Apc 7x5E appreciate any help at all.thank you.. RC

Galloping Ghost 04-04-2006 03:26 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: rubyc5

Hi, can someone please tell me if my AeroCat from Model Aero will fly ok with either one these 2 motors? I have an Axi 2212-26 or an Axi 2208-20 with a Thunderpower 3 cell 2100 lipo..Which one would fly it the fastest, or fly it at all? I also have on hand here Apc 6x5.5E prop or Apc 7x5E appreciate any help at all.thank you.. RC
I think you are the fellow who ordered an AeroCat today, but I'll answer anyhow for others who may be interested.

I'd go with the 2208-20 and either prop. A good 1320 pack will save alot of weight over the 2100 and it should fly great with that setup. However, your high wind performance will be much better with the 2100.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Galloping Ghost 04-04-2006 03:29 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
1 Attachment(s)

Quote:

ORIGINAL: TJK

Will you have Aerocats for sale at Toledo? I plan to be there Friday....where can I find you?

Thanks.
Hi,

Yes, I'll have AeroCats at Toledo. I will be set up in the Nikitis Aircraft booth on the main floor. Just look for the Model Aero banner.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Spid 04-10-2006 10:06 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Scott,

Just wanted to extend a warm "Thank you" for answering my questions and taking the time to talk with my Dad and I at the Toledo show! What a quality kit the Aerocat is! I've just about got it together and can't wait to see how she flies with the 300DF motor! I'll be using an APC 5x5 prop and a 12C 11.1v 1500Mah Lipo. She should scoot around pretty quick :)

Thanks again Scott,
Kevin

Galloping Ghost 04-10-2006 05:18 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Spid

Scott,

Just wanted to extend a warm "Thank you" for answering my questions and taking the time to talk with my Dad and I at the Toledo show! What a quality kit the Aerocat is! I've just about got it together and can't wait to see how she flies with the 300DF motor! I'll be using an APC 5x5 prop and a 12C 11.1v 1500Mah Lipo. She should scoot around pretty quick :)

Thanks again Scott,
Kevin
Kevin,

You're welcome! We had a great response at the Toledo Show and got to meet a ton of super people. You have a great setup there and I think you'll like it. Let me know how she flies.

Regards,

Scott

www.ModelAero.com



Spid 04-17-2006 07:28 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
Hi Scott,

Got to maiden my Aerocat this past weekend. Man, did it fly nice and looked great in the air! Good power, nice vertical performance, rolls look great too! I'd say it's not 60+mph with the 300DF and a 5x5 prop, but probably scoots around 50ish or so. I'll try to get a radar gun reading and the AUW on it.

Thanks for making a great plane Scott!

Take Care,
Kevin [8D]

rubyc5 04-18-2006 07:29 AM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*
 
The only problem i have with the aerocat is, unless you land it in tall grass or you slow it down to a crawl or stall speed with a good headwind for landing you are going to rip the motor mount out of the plane.If the prop should stop horizontally you are ok, but a vertical prop means trouble. I dont care how proficient you are at flying, i have 22 years under my belt and the fields i have to fly at have cropped grass, real short.I like the way the plane flies with the Axi 2208 and a 7x5 apc prop.I beleive there should be some kind of fin under the fuse or a shroud to prevent a prop strike.You cant always land perfectly or where you want and when that is the case you will rip the mount and motor out of the plane, period..


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:55 AM.