RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/)
-   -   SR-71 BlackBird Review, on Banana Hobby - June 2010 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/9795079-sr-71-blackbird-review-banana-hobby-june-2010-a.html)

rtec 06-10-2010 07:17 PM

SR-71 BlackBird Review, on Banana Hobby - June 2010

<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: ">OK all,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: "><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: ">I&rsquo;m going to attempt a review of the SR-71 Blackbird from Banana Hobby.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: "><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: ">I impulse ordered this without researching much (yes that was stupid). While waiting for the plane to come in I decided to hunt the net a little and ran into a lot of bad mouthing Banana Hobby, and from what I read I feel sorry for many of the posters. At this point I am a little scared that I just wasted $300.00 +<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: "><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: ">This will be an unbiased attempt of what will be my experience with the plane and the company.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span new="" style="font-family: ">

My new SR-71 Just got dropped off byUPS man,

Shipping was great! IMO

I placed my order on Friday 28th of May 2010 at 10:06 (PM)
and I received a UPS ground shipment from CA. to Milwaukee, WI. On June 10th 2010

so let&rsquo;s say 11 days... now let&rsquo;s consider we had 2 weekends subtract 4 days and one of the weekends was Memorial Day weekend to let subtract another day, so 5 days total.

So 6 days to order and get my package, can't beat that.

I'll post more updatesand a youtube <span style="color: black; text-decoration: none; mso-bidi-font-size: 11.0pt; text-underline: none">video</span> of the box opening later

(Note added: Part1 and Part2 of the Video's are ready for viewing see post 9 for details)

so far so good

Bob

Part 1 the unboxing youtube video is ready for viewing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCmNxGQRXu0[/youtube]

Part 2 the testing of the Electronics is ready for Viewing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9682ZO5tIyc[/youtube]

Part 3 Installing thenew ReplacementESC's

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQiQlOqjf58[/youtube]

Part 4 Installing the retracts, Gluing the parts together, Short test run on the lawn.
POWER TEST! Wow Added at the end of this video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkSy1xM-_XQ[/youtube]

Part 5 Taking the SR-71 to the field for it's first flight. added July 8th 2010
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nl496MtY9I[/youtube]

</span></p>

rtec 06-10-2010 10:28 PM

RE: SR-71 BlackBird Review, on Banana Hobby - June 2010

<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Well the unboxing went well there was a few places there the Styrofoam was already broken but, the plane looked in good shape, the front nose was free floating in the box but looks ok also.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">I videotaped the opening and will provide a link later.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">I decided before gluing anything together that I would try the electronics.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">The plane did come with the radio 2.4Gigs 6 Channel and the receiver was located in the 8AA cell battery compartment of the radio.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Looking at the manual, which is totally useless didn&rsquo;t help.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>So being a seasoned builder it was not hard to fig out which servo wires go where on the receiver. All but one had a number sticker on them, the last one being the retracts which I plugged into channel 5 and it worked fine.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I also played with channel 6, which on the transmitter is hooked up to a variable pot and was able to raise and lower the retracts slowly with the variable pot.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">All servo&rsquo;s worked good, I added a mix on the transmitter for the elv/ail&rsquo;s and added a reverse on the ail&rsquo;s<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">We have are first problem!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">I gave it some throttle and only one of the EDF&rsquo;s Spun! <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>After double checking the wires that had access to I could not find anything wrong.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">I decided to open the access panel on the bottom of that EDF, I removed the two screws and the hold down plastic tabs.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>The Foam access door must be glued down because I was not able to remove it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Anymore force would cause foam damage.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: black; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><font size="3" face="Calibri">One thing I did notice was that the idle current going through the ESC&rsquo;s made both ESC&rsquo;s the same temperature. So the dead motor ESC is passing current.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>This leads me to believe that the ESC&rsquo;s Throttle control wire is not hooked up or backwards.</font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><font size="3"><font face="Calibri"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>Here&rsquo;s the problem, you can&rsquo;t get at the wires!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>They are under the foam and the foam is glued down!</font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><o:p><font size="3" face="Calibri"></font></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><font size="3" face="Calibri">So here will be test number 1 for Banana Hobby Customer support. I will Call and or Email Banana Hobby ask them what they would like me to do next.</font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><o:p><font size="3" face="Calibri"></font></o:p></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 1.5pt"><font size="3" face="Calibri">bob</font></p>

</p>

tuskegee 06-10-2010 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The best of luckhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../sad_smile.gifYou may have read my issue with them....and I will try some other shop when I want a toy...to kick around. still have not gotten my battery that should have come with the F-15. I requested desert and got sky camo. The box was checked off as kit as I ordered an ARF.
Tuskegee
U.S.Army(ret.)

Thomas B 06-11-2010 03:12 PM

retc, I have and regualrly fly a BH SR-71 since Dec 2008 when they came out. I am happy with mine and have had no issues, except for the wheels wearing our rapidly...;)

Hopefully, you do nothave a bum ESC or motor. The follwoing might fix your issue. It worked for me.

Your ESCs might not be in sync. I have had one that was very reluctant to start, until I did the following.

1. turn on TX first and set throttle to full.
2. Turn on the model.
3. The ESCs will beep, indicating that they have made a note of the max throttle setting.
4. Reduce throttle to idle.
5. The ESCs will beep again, making note of low throttle setting. This sets the overall throttle range on the ESCs. They should then count the cells, with three beeps.

Try running up the fans then and see what happens.

rtec 06-11-2010 05:19 PM

Thomas B

Thanks, But, Yes I did try that right away and the working one set it self but not the other one.

bob

Thomas B 06-14-2010 07:34 PM

Still a chance it could be something as easy as a bad servo "Y" harness. I had a bad one in a HL B-25 (Erc) recently and throught I had a bad servo, when only the "Y" was bad.

rtec 06-15-2010 03:20 AM

Hello all,</p><div></div><div>Just to update you on the progress here,</div><div></div><div>Today is Monday June 14, 2010 &ndash; Received the SR-71 on Thursday June 10<sup>th</sup> 2010</div><div></div><div>I have sent an Email to [email protected]and Saralyn C. a</div><div>Customer Service Representative at Banana Hobby, on Thursday the 10<sup>th</sup> 2010 late evening 10:37 (PM)</div><div></div><div>I did receive a response from Sara the next day Friday June 11<sup>th</sup> 2010 01:08 (PM)</div><div>Here is the response-</div><div></div><div>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Dear Mr. Scrip,</div><div></div><div>I am sorry to hear that only one EDF unit is functioning. Thank you for testing the ESC to ensure that it is working properly. I have forwarded the situation over to our technician, and I will email you back as soon as I hear back from our tech concerning what to do next.</div><div></div><div>Thank you,</div><div></div><div>Saralyn C.</div><div>Customer Service Representative</div><div>www.BANANAHOBBY.com</div><div></div><div>600/602 Monterey Pass Rd</div><div>Monterey Park CA 91754</div><div>E: <font color="#0000ff">[email protected]</font></div><div></div><div>As of now I have not heard back from Sara or a Service Technician on what to do next.</div><div></div><div>I took the plane to my local cub meeting on Sunday and it was crowd gatherer! The SR-71 Looks great but it&rsquo;s got to work!</div><div></div><div>My clubs Electric fun fly is the 27<sup>th</sup> of June and I wanted a lot fly time in before that, we will see.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Email that was sent:</div><div></div><div>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Hello,</div><div></div><div>I have 1 EDF that is not spinning, what would you like me to do?</div><div></div><div>Here is a link to the RCU which I&rsquo;m doing a review of this plane.</div><div></div><div><font color="#0000ff">http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9795079/anchors_9795457/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9795457</font></div><div></div><div>the Second post Describes the problem which I will paste here for you..</div><div></div><div></div><div>Well the unboxing went well there was a few places there the Styrofoam was already broken but, the plane looked in good shape, the front nose was free floating in the box but looks ok also.</div><div></div><div>I videotaped the opening and will provide a link later.</div><div></div><div>I decided before gluing anything together that I would try the electronics.</div><div></div><div>The plane did come with the radio 2.4Gigs 6 Channel and the receiver was located in the 8AA cell battery compartment of the radio.</div><div></div><div>Looking at the manual, which is totally useless didn&rsquo;t help. So being a seasoned builder it was not hard to fig out which servo wires go where on the receiver. All but one had a number sticker on them, the last one being the retracts which I plugged into channel 5 and it worked fine. I also played with channel 6, which on the transmitter is hooked up to a variable pot and was able to raise and lower the retracts slowly with the variable pot.</div><div></div><div>All servo&rsquo;s worked good, I added a mix on the transmitter for the elv/ail&rsquo;s and added a reverse on the ail&rsquo;s</div><div></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000">We have are first problem!</span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000"></span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000">I gave it some throttle and only one of the EDF&rsquo;s Spun! After double checking the wires that had access to I could not find anything wrong.</span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000"></span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000">I decided to open the access panel on the bottom of that EDF, I removed the two screws and the hold down plastic tabs. The Foam access door must be glued down because I was not able to remove it. Anymore force would cause foam damage.</span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000"></span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000">One thing I did notice was that the idle current going through the ESC&rsquo;s made both ESC&rsquo;s the same temperature. So the dead motor ESC is passing current. This leads me to believe that the ESC&rsquo;s Throttle control wire is not hooked up or backwards.</span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000">Here&rsquo;s the problem, you can&rsquo;t get at the wires! They are under the foam and the foam is glued down!</span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000"></span></div><div><span style="color: #ff0000">So here will be test number 1 for Banana Hobby Customer support. I will Call and or Email Banana Hobby ask them what they would like me to do next.</span></div><div></div><div>Bob Scrip</div><div>414-327-5830</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>

rtec 06-16-2010 08:33 AM

<div>Hello all,</div><div></div><div>Here is another update</div><div>Today is Wednesday June 16, 2010 7:39am CST</div><div></div><div>I called Banana Hobby Yesterday, Tuesday June 15, 2010 at 15:17 CST</div><div></div><div>I was able to talk to a technical person that I was able to understand clearly.(Which is a nice way of saying he spoke English!)</div><div></div><div>I explained my problem and he told me that I can remove the access panels on the bottom with a hobby knife to check the wiring.</div><div></div><div>I told him that I was concerned about cutting them and then having Banana Hobby tell I don&rsquo;t have any warranty because I cut it open.He reinsured me that, that would not be the case.</div><div></div><div>I was able to place the call and go through the phone menus and talk with a technician with a total call time of 7 mins</div><div></div><div>That is very good in my book.</div><div></div><div>I started the surgery which was not easy at all.The panels where glued in very well!I was trying to be patient and do a very nice job. Man handling foam is never a good idea, I did get it apart, what emphasizes the bad looks of taking foam apart is that the original color of the foam is white and it is painted black. So anywhere I had to cut, which was everywhere, it looks kind of crappy maybe until I touch it up with flat black paint.</div><div></div><div>After getting it open I found the wires to be done correctly so I pulled the EDF&rsquo;s out and swapped them around, the bad one worked fine! So it looks like the ESC is bad from the factory. This took about 1 hour to do.</div><div></div><div>I then called back into Banana Hobby customer support at 16:18 CST, this time the call took much longer to talk to a technician about 25 mins.Which still is not bad at all.</div><div></div><div>I explained what I have found and he offered me a new ESC to be shipped out so that I can replace it.</div><div></div><div>I told him about the foam maybe not looking as good anymore after having to cut it open, I was put on hold for a few minutes and when he came back on he offered me a new fuselage because I have not glued anything together yet. I told him that we will go with the ESC and see how it looks after putting it back together for now; I was concerned that fuselage didn&rsquo;t sound like it was going to ship right away.</div><div>I was told that the ESC should ship Thursday or Friday of this week.</div><div></div><div>This call took 39mins total</div><div></div><div>I then not an Email from Sara (see below)</div><div></div><div>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<span>Dear Bob,</span></div><div></div><div>Thank you for your response. At this time I am showing that a parts request for a replacement ESC has been submitted, and once the replacement ESC is shipped we will email you with the tracking information for it.</div><div></div><div>Thank you,</div><div></div><div>Saralyn C.</div><div>Customer Service Representative</div><div></div><div>&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</div><div></div><div>So we will see how the replacement ESC goes alone with how the plane looks after I put it back together.</div><div></div><div>If it does'nt look good I will request a new one,I don&rsquo;t see why I should have to do this on $300.00 plus plane that I purchased as RTF.</div><div></div><div>Until next post</div><div></div>Bob

rtec 06-16-2010 12:23 PM

Part 1 the unboxing youtube video is ready for viewing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCmNxGQRXu0[/youtube]

Part 2 the testing of the Electronics is ready for Viewing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9682ZO5tIyc[/youtube]

Part 3 will be when the ESC comes in.. and so on.

Thanks
Bob

rtec 06-21-2010 11:30 PM

Still no word from Banana Hobby on if the new ESC has shipped!

Sent an email today as follow up.

bob</p>

rtec 06-22-2010 11:38 AM

Update

Live chat with Banana Hobby June 22 2010 11:30am

&gt;&gt;&gt;
<div id="chatContentDiv"><p class="infoText">Please wait for a site operator to respond. Thank you.</p><p class="infoText">You are now chatting with 'LC MONITOR GROUP II'. Thank you for waiting. May I have the last 5 digits of the order# if you have an order with us; If you do not have any order with us yet or need for help on other inquries, then how may I help you?</p><p class="visitorText"><span class="visitorName">Robert Scrip: </span>bh18-92612 1</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>Thanks, Robert</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>Give me just a minute to pull up your order.</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>Okay, Robert. I do see that the parts request was submit on the 16th of this month.</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>Generally, it takes about 5 business days for replacement parts to be pulled and prepared for shipment.</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>Your replacement ESC should ship out today. Please hold while I confirm with our shipping department.</p><p class="visitorText"><span class="visitorName">Robert Scrip: </span>ok</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>Okay, Robert. Sorry about the delay.</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>I've confirmed with the shipping department that your replacement ESC will ship out today.</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>Once USPS has picked up the package, you will receive an email notification containing the tracking number for your delivery.</p><p class="visitorText"><span class="visitorName">Robert Scrip: </span>ok Thanks have a great day!</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>You're very welcome</p><p class="operatorText"><span class="operatorName">LC MONITOR GROUP II: </span>You have a nice day as well</p><p class="infoText">Chat session has been terminated by the site operator. Thank you for visiting Banana Hobby and you have a wonderful day. Good Bye.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Then with in minutes I received an E-Mail from Sara

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
</p><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: black">Dear Mr. Scrip,</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: black">Per the parts department, your replacement ESC is scheduled to ship today. I apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: black">Thank you,</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: black">Saralyn C.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: black">Customer Service Representative</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: black; font-size: 12pt"><font color="#800080">www.BANANAHOBBY.com</font></span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: gray; font-size: 10pt">600/602 Monterey Pass Rd</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: gray; font-size: 10pt">Monterey Park CA 91754</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="color: gray; font-size: 10pt">E: [email protected]</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt ;

will See....

-Bob
</div></div>

rtec 06-22-2010 07:16 PM

Update

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Received a United States Postal Service Tracking Number</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">June 22, 2010 17:29 CST</div>

blkz2801 06-23-2010 09:21 AM

damn is BH getting better?

stoneenforcer 06-23-2010 04:36 PM

one in a million?

rtec 06-23-2010 04:39 PM

Will see when I have the part and a working model in my hand!

tracking numbers are like vapor see below

Still not in the system..

Label/Receipt Number: <span class="mainTextbold">9101 0105 2129 7212 xxxx xx</span>
Class: <span class="mainTextbold">First-Class Mail<sup>&reg;</sup></span>
<span style="width: 60px">Service(s):</span> <span class="mainTextbold">Delivery Confirmation<sup>&trade;</sup>
</span><!Status: <span class="mainTextbold">Electronic Shipping Info Received</span>

>Status: <span class="mainTextbold">Electronic Shipping Info Received</span>

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 23, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

bob

Banana Hobby Customer Service 06-23-2010 06:59 PM

Hello All,<div>
</div><div>This is Saralyn C. here with Banana Hobby. I am happy to report that YES, Banana Hobby IS getting better. We realize that we had a number of issues in the past, and that we have forever lost many of our buyers. At this time those internal issues have been resolved, and we working very hard to ensure that all of our consumers are happy and get exactly what they order! For anyone who is missing something, wants to check the status, or has a problem with their order, please email me directly at [email protected]. I will reply within 1 business day and get the matter resolved as quickly as possible. While we cannot change the past, we can most certainly change our practices to ensure a better future for us all.</div><div>
</div><div>Thank you,</div><div>
Saralyn C.</div><div>Banana Hobby</div><div>
</div><div>PS- This is directed to everyone, but more so to those who are still waiting on a battery as mentioned in this thread.</div>

rtec 06-24-2010 05:51 AM

Update June 24th 2010 5:47AM CST

Looks like the US post office got the package and it's on it's way!

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt ;
Label/Receipt Number: <span class="mainTextbold">9101 0105 2129 7212 3598 75</span>
Class: <span class="mainTextbold">First-Class Mail<sup>&reg;</sup></span>
<span style="width: 60px">Service(s):</span> <span class="mainTextbold">Delivery Confirmation<sup>&trade;</sup>
</span><!Status: <span class="mainTextbold">Processed through Sort Facility</span>

>Status: <span class="mainTextbold">Processed through Sort Facility</span>

Your item was processed through and left our CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715 facility on June 23, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" summary="This table formats the detailed results." cellpadding="0" width="650"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="10">http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...ges/spacer.gif</td> <td width="640">http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...ges/spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...let_circle.gif</td> <td class="mainTextbold" valign="top">Processed through Sort Facility, June 23, 2010, 9:49 pm, CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...let_circle.gif</td> <td class="mainTextbold" valign="top">Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 23, 2010</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

-bob

rtec 06-28-2010 01:54 PM

<div>Just received June 28th 13:45 CST; the ESC&rsquo;s for the SR-71 project.My mail man laughed and said you owe me $1.36. I have a postage Due Package for you. LOL</div><div>
I will Video Tape of the installation and let you guys know.</div><div></div><div>bob

</div>

Banana Hobby Customer Service 06-28-2010 03:11 PM

Dear Bob,<div>
</div><div>If the mail man stated you owe him for postage and left you with a receipt of some sort for the package, please send a copy of it to me via email and I will see to it that you are reimbursed for that. Normally if a package is shipped without the proper amount of postage it won't be delivered and will be returned to us.</div><div>
</div><div>Saralyn C.</div><div>Banana Hobby</div>

rtec 06-28-2010 11:26 PM

<div>Update June 28, 2010 23:19 CST</div><div></div><div>I emailed Saralyn C. of Banana Hobby as she request. I sent an attachment of the postage due.I told her not to worry about it, it would take more man power then it&rsquo;s worth to credit $1.36</div><div></div><div>Well I just checked mail and there is a $1.36 refunded to my paypal account.</div><div></div><div>Nice Job Banana Hobby, Thanks</div><div></div><div>Bob Scrip</div><div></div><div>P.S. Maybe we&rsquo;ll get the ESC installed tomorrow, Work keeps getting in the way of working on planes..</div>

rtec 07-02-2010 08:52 PM

<div>Hello All,</div><div></div><div>Update July 02, 2010 20:39 CST</div><div></div><div>I installed the ESC&rsquo;s today that I received as replacements from Banana Hobby,the installation went very well.I then tested the electronics again and both EDF&rsquo;s are now working!</div><div></div><div>I glued the plane together now and tested it in the grass and drivewayat my home and all went well also.</div><div></div><div>For those that have told me that this plane is way under powered, I will have to say that you are full of it!</div><div></div><div>I held the plane on it's rear end with it's nose pointed straight up in the air. I gave full throttle and it was able to pull itself straight up! That is not a sign of an under power plane.</div><div></div><div>Of course I videotaped the install of the ESC&rsquo;s, gluing and so on, so look for parts 3 and 4 of the review in a few days on youtube and links that I will posthere.</div><div></div><div>Thanks</div><div>Have a great 4<sup>th</sup> of July weekend</div><div></div><div>-bob</div><div></div>

rtec 07-03-2010 11:32 AM

Update July 03, 2010 11:31CST

Posted the Videos of part 3 and Part 4

bob

Part 3 Installing thenew ReplacementESC's

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQiQlOqjf58[/youtube]

Part 4 Installing the retracts, Gluing the parts together, Short test run on the lawn.
POWER TEST! Wow Added at the end of this video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkSy1xM-_XQ[/youtube]

Banana Hobby Customer Service 07-06-2010 11:19 AM

Dear Rtec,<div>
</div><div>I am so glad to hear that the installation of the replacement ESC went smoothly, and that all is well now! Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns.</div><div>
</div><div>Saralyn C.</div><div>Banana Hobby</div>

nickelbn1 07-08-2010 02:07 PM

thank you for all this information. I have been debating buying from BH for awhile now and have been scared too based on so many negative comments on RCU about them. But based on this very current review and experience with them, it seems like maybe they are cleaning up their act. I might just try them after all. by the way, do you have a video yet of your first flight?

rtec 07-08-2010 09:41 PM

<div align="left">Update July 08 2010 21:35CST</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Hello all,</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Here is the final Installment of the SR-71 Black Bird review</div><div align="left">Purchased from Banana Hobby</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">The Video is Posted now of the Take off

Part 5 Taking the SR-71 to the field for it's first flight. added July 8th 2010
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nl496MtY9I[/youtube]

</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Final Comments
</div><div align="left">The SR-71 Black Bird was able to take off from a grass field without any problems and climb</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">I would like to note:</div><div align="left">That being black on top and black on bottom, Orientation was very tuff at times</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">I did not land very gracefully but, It was my fault and not the planes</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">All in all the SR-71 Preformed well, Not a super speed demon but fast, it does look very cool</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">It definitely is a head turner!</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Would I recommend this plane?</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Yes! but, not for the beginner!</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Maybe using your own radio and receiver might be a good idea also. I didn&rsquo;t find any problem using the included radio in the RTF version that I purchased.It&rsquo;s just have the ExPo&rsquo;s and Rates the way you want them would help, especially on the trim flights.</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">The model went together pretty easily. The included instructions are pretty much useless.</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Be sure to check out Parts 1-4 if you missed them.</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Keep safe Flying and have fun</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Bob</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left"></div><div align="left"></div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">Maiden Flight of the</div><div align="left">SR-71 Black Bird</div><div align="left">Biz RC Works</div><div align="left">Purchased at</div><div align="left">Banana Hobby</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left">July 07, 2010</div><div align="left"></div><div align="left"></div>