Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

slow stick

Old 07-28-2003, 10:35 PM
chief alex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow stick

Greg,
can I use JR 537 servos in my slow stick? if not what is included with a flt pack.
Chief Alex
Old 07-29-2003, 12:03 AM
sierra gold

Default slow stick

I am not familiar with those particular servos, but the SS will fly with standard size servos with no problems. Many people are flying the SS with the additional load of a camera!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default slow stick

Just FYI, this isn't the "Ask Greg Covey Show." No offense Greg. This is a forum where many people ask and answer questions, and the ones who answer questions (like me) might be a little insulted that our expertise isn't "good enough" when you address your query to a specific person. :disappoin

You can look up what comes in a Slow Stick flight pack, and compare it to the JR 537 servo at http://www.horizonhobby.com. IIRC, it comes with two GWS Naro servos. The 537 is a standard servo, a good ounce or so heavier. On a 13oz plane, that's a lot of weight. However, the Slow Stick has a few ounces of payload capacity, as evidenced by people hauling cameras, large batteries, and full size radio equipment aloft on the stock power system.

Still, if this is your first airplane, or first electric airplane, I suggest you pick up the GWS flight pack for it, or at least take a look at the contents. You can then see what equipment it takes to make an electric plane fly successfully, and can make educated equipment choices in the future.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:57 PM
chief alex

Default slow stick

JUST FYI Matt, I got Greg's name from his web site and it says to post him a question on this site. I appreciate all information posted on this web site.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:21 PM
pooman07
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: slow stick

Hi i also need to have a quistion answered.I just got a new slow stick that my friend put togethor without me knowing[:@] and i was wondering what kind of charger would be best for it?I defanently want a peak detection.what should i get?
Old 12-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Ozprey

Default RE: slow stick

well, that depends on what sort of cells you have. a nice charger to start with is the LASER, about $30 Australian (about $10-$15 US) was what i paid for mine (dunno who makes it) it charges 4-8 nicads ok(it takes 40 mins though). if you wanted to get something that could do just about anything, go for a great planes TRITION, as the can charge just about anything you can dream of flying for now.