Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Can I Do This???

Old 08-10-2003, 10:10 PM
nrctc3
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Can I Do This???

After frying my electrics in my Fighterbird I came to wondering if I can put standard electronics in there instead of the whole board and stuff that it came with. So has anyone done this? Does it work?

I guess the next step is finding a radio, reciever, esc, servos and a motor. Anyone got these for sale, or trade cheap?
Old 08-11-2003, 01:03 AM
J-S
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Can I Do This???

you may want to check out the for sale forums...

i guess you could do it...dunno
Old 08-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Can I Do This???

This hobby is all about creativity. People have made many very strange things into R/C airplanes by installing standard R/C gear. There's no reason why you could not install standard R/C gear in this airplane. In fact, the plane already has one standard sub-micro servo inside.

You could actually make your Fighterbird into an "Aerobird" using standard gear.

What you'll need:
1. 3-channel (minimum) & receiver. The Hitec Focus III AM or FM will work fine. The set comes with a micro receiver and two sub-micro servos, and does V-Tail mixing. Perfect.

2. A 15 Amp speed control.

3. Sundry items to finish the conversion. Solid wire pushrods (.032 music wire) to make the push-pull run for each elevator flap.

I'd recommend buying new items. There is nothing worse than being a newbie with no clue how something is supposed to work, then having to deal with a used item with bad batteries, no instructions, that's broken, out of adjustment, etc. etc... The few dollars you might save aren't worth it.

If you still want to buy used, check out our For Sale/Trade forums. Unfortunately, we can't have any trading going on in this particular forum. Someone in a nit-picking mood will report it, then I'd be obligated to nuke your post
Old 08-11-2003, 08:42 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Can I Do This???

Speaking of creativity, anyone ever see Loyd Marohl fly his lawnmower? hehehe