Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

ClearView - Very Poor Customer Service

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

ClearView - Very Poor Customer Service

Old 12-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Batty78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ClearView - Very Poor Customer Service

Hi, just thought I would share my dissappointing experience with ClearView. I recently reinstalled the S/W into a high-spec laptop and it would run for a while and then start to play-up. First the aircraft would only appear with their wheels and then the well documented black screen kept on appearing. Their customer suppoty (Stefan Kirtz) suggested a reinstall which worked for one session and then it reverted back to its black screen etc. Stefan could not advise anything more than installing the latest video drivers and suggesting thatmy laptop was not powerfuenoughbefore he decided that that was it; he had done all that he could and this was the only time that he had seen this issue. Hmmm. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron N7110 with the Intel and NVidia graphics card with up to 3GB video memory, Intel i7 processor with 8GB ram, hardly a slug. I have since loaded Phoenix which runs superbly with no glitches at all and is so much more professional than ClearView - Shame that they cannot get their staff to remember who pays their salaries - their customers! (no offer of a refund either!)

Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ClearView - Very Poor Customer Service

Buy the realflight 6.0 if you can get it. Or the 5.5 is good to. Never had one problem with mine. It is a sim right?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

It's a shame to hear that the folks at ClearView couldn't figure out the problem for you. I have Real Flight G5.5 and ClearView, and I tend to fly ClearView more because the physics and flight modeling seem more realistic to me in a number of different scenarios (indoor flight, helicopters, slow trainer flight, etc).

I've heard good things about the Phoenix flight sim, however, and I'm glad to hear you're happy with that, Batty78.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:09 AM
acemakr

Sorry to hear about you bad experience. I had an issue right after downloading and Stefan got me squared away within 5 minutes. I hope the sim you chose is working for you. I'm happy with ClearView.