Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Duratrax IntelliPeak Digital Charger for Newbie?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Duratrax IntelliPeak Digital Charger for Newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 02:30 PM
FrenchPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax IntelliPeak Digital Charger for Newbie?

Hi there,

Just bought an Slow Stick off Ebay and I am now looking at buying a better charger than the basic E-Flite charger included with the kit. I was looking at the Duratrax IntelliPeak Digital charger and I was wondering if it is a good choice for my Slow Stick battery? It is a Sanyo 7.2V 600Mah.

I am interested in this charger because it has AC/DC inputs and a detachable AC input and of course because it can discharge/charge NiCD and NIMH and all this for under $100. It is a good choice?

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Albert.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Duratrax IntelliPeak Digital Charger for Newbie?

Could you please be a bit more specific? I went to Tower Hobbies, and there are six different DuraTrax Intellipeak chargers, all under $100. I'm confused [sm=drowning.gif] Those Duratrax chargers can't charge more than 8 cells, so if you ever go to larger planes...

While DC-only, the Hitec CG340 can charge up to 16 cells, and costs less than any of the Duratrax chargers at $40. You discharge the packs in the plane, so who needs a discharger? [sm=biggrin.gif] You can make a cheap, yet reliable power supply with some simple modifications to an old PC power supply.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:35 PM
sargentw

Buy a Triton ?129.00 at bishop power products shipping incl. The best for the buck.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:40 AM
goofup

I like the Wattage PF-12. AC/DC, Ni-Cad and Ni-Mh packs from 150 mah to 2000 mah, 4.8V to 14.4V, 4-12 cells.

The best part is, it's only $50.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:16 PM
FrenchPilot

Sorry, the charger i was talking about is the Duratrax IntelliPeak Digital Pulse Charger
DTXP4130. It offers a lot of features that advanced chargers have. In regard to the limitation of 8 cells, I don't think I plan to go to bigger airplanes at least for the next 6 months. It detects false peaks which is an advantage over the other chargers mentioned in this thread.

Keep the ideas coming.

Thanks for your replies.

Albert.