Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Best RTF foam mid-wing trainer?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Best RTF foam mid-wing trainer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:56 PM
DCSouthwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best RTF foam mid-wing trainer?

What do you think is the best RTF, preferably foam, mid-wing trainer? I think I'm ready to move to a mid-wing but I'll be on my own so I'm looking for a good durable and easy to fly model.

Thanks

Old 09-01-2012, 02:35 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Best RTF foam mid-wing trainer?

Maybe you'd like the Flyzone switch?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:44 PM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you are quite comfortable with a 4 chan high wing?

When I got to that point, I got a Handy King pre-assembled combo. You supply reciever, batteries, and ESC.

There is also the smaller Handy Man, but I went with the King because I had 4 cell 3300's for another plane, and I had an ESC laying around.

Both sizes are fun to fly in the wind, and can be wild with rates set high.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 AM
phillipmorris

Tho small this latest release Parkzone Archer flys amazingly well. Docile for a low wing already being compared to the larger T28 as first entry at this level.

Archer tho compact has a strong plus, it's the durability, light weight survives early knocks I've already tested on maiden as blew first landing, up again and deadsticked in abit fast as will float another plus. It's a trip to fly.

Blown first landing, intact up and speedy deadstick, look closely and see it float slowly in background in mid clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrj5...e_gdata_player
Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Chucksolo69

Yes, but he is asking for a mid-wing plane. I can't think of any mid wing "trainers" at all. Usually mid wing planes are the hardest of all to fly and are quite aerobatic. Check out the Parkzone Visionaire or Extra 300 BNF models. I don't think they are trainers, but they are mid wing foamies. Good Luck.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
phillipmorris

Agree mid-wings are not really trainers. Perhaps he's after something more responsive..

Just received the Visionaire, dubious on the outcome, a sport flyers 3D entry?, have to see...should be fun!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:47 AM
phillipmorris

The Mini Switch both mid wing and high wing, lookout this one moves out. Such a blast yet to even lower wing, it can be slowed to just airspeed, but a hoot at half throttle.

Just flew moments ago in rare zero winds before daybreak, does sail coming in for touchdown, fantastic flyer. Passerby camera man had his hands full simply following it over half throttle, later found tail wheel not aligned reason for swerve takeoff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nztq5...e_gdata_player

Is some durability as dropped flying in too windy over 20 MPH gusting near 30, didn't make it over a power line came down on its nose just popped off the nose cap zero damages. The landing gear was popped out once on a high drop, easy fix, simply reinforce there. Even with the soft underside give it a 4 out of 5 for reasonable durability.

You can flare more than once as note landing video, important to keep things level.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Hawk131

No on the Pkz extra 300 being a mid wing trainer, I flew a tower kaos for 4 months and it was a glow, before I played with the extra 300, you have land it fast or it will tip stall, factory cg is way off, its a fun plane but I would place it in the advanced category. I think the switch would be the one.