Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Outlaw flight times

Old 09-21-2003, 11:28 AM
pmcderm993

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Outlaw flight times

The box says 10 minute flights, but I charged the 300 mah battery a couple of times and tried it without flying and get about 5 minutes and this is not full throttle. I was just trying to simulate climbing out, turning, and gliding as I might expect when I would fly it. What kind of flight times can we really expect to get. If I can't get 10 minutes of flight for 40 minutes of charge time, I'm taking this thing back to store for a refund.

I can live with 10 minutes for a 40 minute charge or even 5 minutes with a 15 minute charge, but not 5 minutes for a 40 minute charge.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:14 PM
U2Steve

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Outlaw flight times

Be patient. NiMH cells need several cycles before they'll perform to spec. And please be careful- running your motors "static", i.e., just holding the model, is a good way to burn out the motors.

Steve
Old 09-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Hotwings1357

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You might have already shortened 1 of ur cells this happened to me i had the stock ac wall charger and it has a timer the timer is not good befcasue when the timer turns of the battery pack is quite hot. Best solution is to monitor ur battery and when it starts to get warm turn the charger off and fly. It also could be cylcling but that was not the case for me, my first flight was about 10 15 minutes at half throttle the first time using the battery.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:13 AM
cabanestrut2002

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the current draw on a static motor/propeller is much greater than in flight, you are going to get a lot less flight time with a static test, fly it a few times and it should be more like 10 mins, i say more like-because the box statements are always a bit optimistic!