Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

P-51 Mustang "Marie"

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Magnafique

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51 Mustang "Marie"

Sal, I bought a Powerzone P-51 Mustang from General Hobby. It is electric with a 57 inch span and features retracts with doors on mains and tail wheel, and working flaps. I have everything working on it except the tail wheel steering. When I received the model the steering servo was inop. I replaced it with a new servo.
The servo work when plugged into my servo tester. The instructions that came with this plane are laughable and do not even address this area. I am using a flysky 9 channel radio on this bird with the matching 8 channel receiver. There is a servo plug coming from the tail wheel servo to the receiver but when I "Y" connect it to the rudder servo I get nothing. The rudder plugged into the receiver by itself works fine. I can't get an answer from General Hobby.

Any Ideas??????

Thanks, Tom
Old 01-06-2014, 07:11 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Moving this to an active forum
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 AM
aeajr

Is this still an open issue for you?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Magnafique

Yes, can you help me repost it in the appropriate area on the forum. I would really like to fly this airplane and this is the only issue holding me up. Everything else works just fine.
Thanks AEAJR. Tom
Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Magnafique

I see you have moved it to Electric Training. Thanks Tom
Old 01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
aeajr

Originally Posted by Magnafique
Sal, I bought a Powerzone P-51 Mustang from General Hobby. It is electric with a 57 inch span and features retracts with doors on mains and tail wheel, and working flaps. I have everything working on it except the tail wheel steering. When I received the model the steering servo was inop. I replaced it with a new servo.

The servo work when plugged into my servo tester.
OK, I am going to ask some question. Just put up with them if you please.

I see you tested with a servo tester but did you test the new servo plugged into the receiver?

Did you try the original servo plugged directly into a receiver slot?

I presume there is a Y cable between rudder and tail steering, otherwise how would the tail servo work. Have you tested that Y cable? On both paths?

I suspect the Y cable is the issue. Either it is defective or it is not plugged in properly.

The instructions that came with this plane are laughable and do not even address this area. I am using a flysky 9 channel radio on this bird with the matching 8 channel receiver. There is a servo plug coming from the tail wheel servo to the receiver but when I "Y" connect it to the rudder servo I get nothing. The rudder plugged into the receiver by itself works fine. I can't get an answer from General Hobby.

Any Ideas??????

Thanks, Tom
Again, have you tried to plug the steering servo directly into the rudder receiver slot?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Magnafique

I will test the y cable again and use another new one and let you know . Yes I tested both servo's plugged into the receiver with no joy.
This kit came with no y cable and no instruction on hooking it up. The tail retracts with doors and that part work fine. Thanks much Tom
Old 01-06-2014, 09:15 AM
aeajr

I will test the y cable again and use another new one and let you know . Yes I tested both servo's plugged into the receiver with no joy.
This kit came with no y cable and no instruction on hooking it up. The tail retracts with doors and that part work fine. Thanks much Tom
Let me make sure I am completely clear.

So, you plugged in the rudder servo into the rudder slot of the receiver and moved the rudder stick and tested - worked fine

Then you unplugged the rudder servo and plugged in the steering servo into the rudder slot and moved the rudder stick and it did not work? Bad servo or bad wire are your only options.

Last edited by aeajr; 01-06-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Magnafique

Thanks AEA Jr. It was the y connector. I replaced it with another new one and IT WORKS!!! Would not have thought of it so you are DA MAN!!!! :-)
Old 01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
aeajr

Just keep eliminating parts and taking things out of the mix till you find it.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Magnafique

Very good advice. My thanks again. Tom