Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Slow Stick First Flight First Crash

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Slow Stick First Flight First Crash

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 12:18 AM
SteveVag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slow Stick First Flight First Crash

Hi SS pilots,

I'm a new rc pilot with no flight time aloft yet. I just finished my T-IFO trainer, but while waiting for better weather I'm wondering about getting the Slow Stick to keep me busy. Also, I'd like to build something that can handle a little wind, up to 5mph. Can I use the following components from my T-IFO package in the SS kit?

+++++++++++++++++
3 ch Hitec Neon SS FM Micro System 72 Mhz TX with 4ch feather receiver and two HS-55 sub-micro servos.
GWS carbon brush motor "A" Drive with 5.86:1 Ratio Gearbox
GWS 10 x 4.7 Propeller
GWS ICS-100 JR Speed Controller
two 2 cell Lithium Polymer Battery Packs (7.4 Volt 950 mAh) and charger
+++++++++++++++++

I don't know what the SS uses as flight control surfaces. Is it a tail rudder and elevator system?

Steve V
Old 01-04-2004, 12:30 AM
raggedman

your radio and servos will be fine... the ss should come with a eps 300c or preferably eps 350c motor/gearbox... use it...it will come with an 11x8 prop but i got best performance from a 10x8....it is a rudder/elevator setup...some have modified it to have ailerons but i dont see much point... using a 6 cell 7.2v 600 mah nicd from gws i get about 6 min....u will have to mount the lipo's pretty far fwd to get the cg right but you'll probably get about 10 min outta the pack at full throttle... but this plane can glide 4 days so manage your throttle...if..IF you have the cg right, and can flyit ok... this plane will take a lot of wind(see my post before yours)....at least the kind of wind that blows across an ohio cornfield...i notice it gets caught in turbulence near treelines...but you should avoid treelines anyway
Old 01-04-2004, 01:22 PM
SteveVag

Thanks for your input and advice on the SS, raggedman. I'll put the SS kit at the top of my wish list.

Steve