Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Motor not turning on until half throttle position???

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Motor not turning on until half throttle position???

Old 07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Motor not turning on until half throttle position???

I'm new at lectrics, and I turned on my Cobra 2221/16 motor and 33amp ESC with BEC and 2100mah 3s battery today for the first time. The motor doesn't come to life until my JR 8103 throttle stick is moved midway up it's full travel. That's a heck of a lot of throttle stick movement that does nothing on my radio.

Is this normal with electric? Or, is this something I can adjust on my Cobra program card under "timing", "motor acceleration", "cut-off" or some other adjustment ?
Old 07-08-2015, 06:07 AM
Quorneng

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

rustyrivet
It sounds like you need to 'teach' the ESC the throttle range of your Tx.
This video shows how it is typically done (the actual beeps may be different on your ESC) but remember remove the prop before you do anything!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0s60U6Y1SE
Old 07-08-2015, 02:22 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That did the trick. I visited this video at youtube where when it was finished, another video of the same topic automatically started. Between the two videos I watched, it was fairly clear that the beeping sound variations can be different, but the desired final results were the same. It is now working properly. Thanks.