Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

First Plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 10:18 AM
wea_301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Plane

Is a styro jet too hard of a plane for a first plane
www.styrojet.com
Tell me
Joel
Old 10-04-2003, 11:37 AM
goofup

Default RE: First Plane

Why do you think a very fast, nail-the-landing-or-that-long-nose-will-break, no landing gear to protect the props plane would be a good first plane for a beginner?

If you really like that plane, might I suggest that you get a Slow Stick to learn to fly on first, but get the radio gear that you can then transfer to this plane. I just think you'll needlessly make your learning curve way too steep (and you'll become an expert at epoxying) if you try to start off with this plane.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:30 PM
wea_301

I have very good control on Flight Sims. Good pilot. Fly FS alot. Is this still to hard. What if i make landing gear
Old 10-04-2003, 08:57 PM
sierra gold

That does not look like a plane to learn to fly on. Flying on FMS is good experience, but is not really a substitute for actual RC flight. You will make mistakes, and when you do in the "real world" you can't hit "I" and the plane is back on the runway and ready to fly.

I think you want to start with a high wing trainer type plane that is durable. Learn to fly it and then move on to "more interesting stuff."

I always recommend the GWS Slow Stick, but there are many other planes that I think will handle easier than the jet you are interested in. There is nothing more frustrating then multiple crashes and repairs when starting out... and some will happen, but hopefully only a few and minor. A good trainer aircraft helps to accomplish that... as does an experienced RC pilot with you.

Sierra Gold