Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

2nd Plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 12:48 AM
MeltedPixel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Plane

Im thinking about getting another plane.
This one wont be one of those "wohoo you can fly like a pro in minutes" ones, Not that the Aerobird is.

Im thinking about getting slow stick so I can really get the feel for a good controller with two sticks.

That way, I would be able to use the radio and equitment from my slow stick for my next plane.

If anyone has any experience and how much it would cost to get one with a nice controller, servos, battery, etc. please lemme know!
Old 10-25-2003, 01:02 AM
bobertperry

Default RE: 2nd Plane

The Slow stick was my second plane and I love it. I started with a 60 sized trainer but found it a pain to transport and I had to drive for ever before i had a place to fly it. So I bought a SS. Best investment I have made ever! It Takes a crash to.

Must say that one of them got it stuck in a tree and i riped the tip of one wing trying to get it out. I cut off both tips and now its way more fun. Wont fly as slow but its faster and more aerobatic

I also suggest to put a few LEDs on it. Night flying is a blast.....

Bigger battery helps 200% to. I am using my hummingbirds(micro helicopter) battery and its much faster and runs longer.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:24 PM
MeltedPixel

Thanks!
The same thing with my Aerobird.
It takes a while to drive to area without any power lines, etc. As this thing fly as 25 MPH.

We have a soccer feild across the street from my house and I would love to just take my SS over there, turn it on and fly.

I was looking at this one:
http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...pico_stick.htm

It looks like a pretty fun plane.

Also, Could you please tell me what mods you made to your plane to make it more arobatic?

I'd love to do some sharp turns and maybe even a loop with mine.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:56 PM
bobertperry

Pico stick is a good plane to... Read this when you have time
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_77.../tm.htm#774908
Old 10-28-2003, 01:38 PM
bobertperry

Hello again. Sorry I did not see the second question. All I have personal done is cut off and tape where it looks like the last spar(I think that is the right term) is. Loops are no problem ether way so long as you get at least the 300 motor and a good battery. For sharp turns just make sure you have the plane so the throws are as far as they go and you have a little air speed. tilt the plane and give some elevator. I'm sure there are other things you can do.

I picked up some battery operated Christmas light replacements and I'm going to replace the LEDs on mine. I think there going to be brighter.

BTW I like the song you made with Acid Pro.