Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Pico Stick FD

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:32 PM
EvolPenguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pico Stick FD

I'm thinking about buying the Pico Stick FD, because it comes in a pack at horizonhobby.com . I think it's GWS02. I'm wondering if it is a good plane to start. I have a park nearby and it would be perfect but my dad says it's not worth it because it cant handle much wind. Should I get it or go for a plane maybe like the Grapuner Mini Piper. There is a flying field a couple of miles from my house, but i cant drive and the park that would be good for a slow flyer is on my block. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Pico Stick FD

I have the Pico Stick. It really can't handle any wind at all. I have heard that the Slow Stick, is basically the same plane, just bigger and can handle the wind better. The Pico I think is considered a indoor flyer, while the SS is a parkflyer.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:23 PM
EvolPenguin

Can i use the Quattro Lite servos and radio and everything in another plane. Fore example, if I got my skills up and wanted to get a GWS Zero or something, could I use the same things in that plane too, or are the micro servos only good for stuff like the Pico Stick and Slow Stick.

Al
Old 02-08-2004, 11:33 PM

The SS is even better than the Pico in that regard. Not only are the servo's the same, it has the same power system too. So your ESC and batteries packs will be the same too.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:45 AM
EvolPenguin

so, basically, if I buy that set, if i total the FD, i can buy a slowstick and just transfer all the equipment. What about other planes, or just the slowstick.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:16 PM
EvolPenguin

Does anybody know? What if I bought the mini piper from graupner, could i use the same electronics. How about a GWS Zero? Any answers will help.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:10 PM

I don't know anything about the mini piper, but the Slow Stick and GWS Zero use the same electronics and power system.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:49 PM
EvolPenguin

ok, thanks. Now i can buy it in pieace. You seem the only person in this thread. Thanks for your help!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Dopesick

I wouldnt buy a warbird as a trainer plane. The GWS warbirds are tempermental. I would suggest a SS for non-aileron. or an E-Starter if you want an Aileron trainer.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:34 AM
EvolPenguin

OH, I know that. Search for GWS02 at www.horizonhobby.com . I was wondering if I could transfer the electronics from the Pico FD to a warbird.

Al
Old 02-15-2004, 10:36 AM
csisfun

Get the Slow Stick!!!

The Pico Stick whether its FD or S is all good stuff too, but a slow stick lasts. The aluminium fuse doesn't break as easily. I'm gonna get one once my pico stick wearsss out.

But then again, any thing that's a stick is good stuff!
Old 02-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Dopesick

The only thing I would suggest is a larger speed controller when you move up. The PICO models use a ICS-50 or ICS-100 For a warbird I would suggest nothing smaller then a ICS-300. If your going to run li-po (HUGE WEIGHT ADVANTAGE, HUGE flight time increase, and more motor option later on!) I would suggest a CastelCeations Pixie 20P
Old 02-29-2004, 12:53 PM
EvolPenguin

Where would you get that esc? Also, where could I get servos that were the same as the ones in that set. JR servos, because it comes with a quattro lite. I'm going to ask my dad to order it for me as soon as he comes home. The fd, not the warbird. When the fd wears out, I'll probably buy a slow stick and transfer all the equipment.

Al