Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

I think i am going to try electric

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

I think i am going to try electric

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 10:59 PM
gr8johnson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think i am going to try electric

i was looking at the slow stick or the yard stick. i will be using outside at the park and what not. i was looking for a slow plane that will fly nice and has ailerons. i havent seen one. any suggestions? i saw a slow stick with flight pack(GWS) on ebay for around 80.00 - 90.00 brand new. seems like a good deal. i will be using it with my futaba radio.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:40 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: I think i am going to try electric

I built a Foamtana from plans on another forum. It was my first electric plane and it's turned out to be a winner. The plane itself was CHEAP, but the electronics kinda surprised me. Although I ended up changing the GWS 300 to a Razor 300 and LiPos.

Good luck. It's great fun to go down to a local ball field, fly for 20 minutes, toss the plane back in the car and go home. No muss no fuss!
Old 01-02-2004, 06:23 PM
sierra gold

Default RE: I think i am going to try electric

I am going to assume you already fly and have decided to try electric. If you have a receiver and 2 servos for the Futaba radio, you can use them with the Slow Stick. The SS has room for almost any receiver and servos because of its construction. It can also support the weight of standard sized gear. Many folks fly it with a 3-5 oz. camera onboard.

If you have the above equipment you will just need an ESC and a battery pack and charger to go flying. The SS is a great small field flier.

If you decide you like electric you can buy a micro flight pack for your second electric plane, which may require it.

Sierra Gold