Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Newbie Plane Suggestions

Old 01-03-2004, 09:44 PM
phillipsmike

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Newbie Plane Suggestions

I am new to the world of model aviation in planes, I have done helis in the past. I purchased G2 sim about 3 months ago and have been practicing about an hour a day for the last 3 months with different settings (read planes, weather, wind, etc.) and feel pretty confident. After this new found confidence I went to the local hardware store (Ace) to get some things and found that they had R/C stuff (evidently the manager is a huge R/C buff) and picked up a Firebird Outlaw. I flew that plane about 10 times and got pretty good with it, no major crashes (tough to control without elevator); except flying it into the lightpole at the local fields a few times. That plane got boring so I boxed it up and sent it to my nephews. I then purchased the Aerobird and have flown that about 20 times successfully and have only had to replace the wing once. Now I want to step up to something a little more exciting. Part of me wants the Alfa P-51 but my smarter half tells me that that would spell disaster until I get more flights with something more along the lines of a trainer under my belt. Does anybody have any suggestions? My LHS doesn't help much, they see me and see $$$. And I fly in the local fields so I don't belong to a club, so if any of you have any suggestions I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Mike
Old 01-03-2004, 11:28 PM
finchero
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Newbie Plane Suggestions

go ebay and build your first zagi, then when you get bored upgrade to a brushless mega 16/15/3 motor and controller. this plane will go 1000 feet up and fly 50-70mph, but be aware of the zagi flap. this plane is very crash resistant and easy to repair, made of epp foam. go to yourzagi.com for all info
Old 01-03-2004, 11:29 PM
shams42
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Newbie Plane Suggestions

Dandy sport by [link=http://www.mountainmodels.com]mountain models[/link]. I just finished mine.