Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Can ANYONE HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 06:57 PM
phicks
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can ANYONE HELP?

Does anybody know of a chart that has the engin size, and it shows what the equal size motor is?
I need to confert a couple engins to motors, just wanted to see if there was a chart that would help me.
Thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Can ANYONE HELP?

Look at posts here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_132/tt.htm

Cheers, Phil
Old 01-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Can ANYONE HELP?

Long story short, your answer is no. Electric power is more than just the motor; it's the battery, gearbox (if so equipped) and propeller. Technically speaking, each electric power system needs to be tailored to the plane you intend to install it in to make the best use of the limited energy available.

The main difference between engines and motors is that engines PRODUCE power, motors CONSUME it. In an electric system, the power is really being produced by the battery. That's where the chemical reaction is happening, as opposed to a glow engine where the chemical reaction happens inside the combustion chamber.

If you look at the entire "big picture," doing an electric conversion will simply overwhelm you. What you need to do is do your homework. The simplest way to do a conversion is to find someone who as done the same plane, or a similar plane, and use the exact same power system.

Start a thread on the specific plane(s) you're trying to convert in the "Glow to Electric Conversions" forum. Once you've been walked through a conversion or two, and develop some "brand loyalty" to help narrow down your system component choices, it'll be a breeze.