Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

newbie needing some help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

newbie needing some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 05:59 PM
john19787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie needing some help

hi I live in the UK and i bought a super aviator you can see it on storacing.com its a three channel trainer on 27MHz i get loads of interference when i fly i have had a look at the crystals and they are soldered in, is there any thing i can do about changing them can i get them changed or would it be the case of going for some new radio equipment all help would be appreciated.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: newbie needing some help

Your website link doesn't work. There is no such place as "storacing.com."

27MHz is the "toy" R/C band in the USA. I'm not sure it's usable in the UK. Frequency allocations in the UK are different from the US, and the 27MHz band may be in wide use for purposes other than R/C over there. That would explain the interference you're getting. In fact, you may be interfering with the people trying to use their 27MHz equipment when you're trying to fly your airplane. Find out if 27MHz is legal to use in your country, and what they use 27MHz for normally. You might be interfering with an application where lives are at stake...

You can change frequencies within the 27MHz band by changing crystals, but you can't switch to the UK'S R/C band (35MHz?) by just swapping crystals. The surrounding electronics are tuned to the 27MHz band, and they will be seriously out of tune if you make such a large jump in frequency. They may not work at all, or they may work on the wrong frequency. Getting the radio gear modified will probably cost more than the entire plane.

With a little ingenuity, you can install a "regular" R/C airplane system on a legal UK frequency in the plane.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:58 PM
john19787

Default RE: newbie needing some help

I am sorry the link is www.storacingproducts.co.uk and 27mhz is legal in this country as far as i know because most radio control cars and planes ive seen in the shops are on 27mhz but the shop i went to the owner seemed to be a bit ignerent when i approached him for some advice he spoke to me as if i was a kid and had no intention to help me out! Thats why i bought my plane of the net i just wanted some thing reasonably cheap to see if i liked the hobby if i did i'd probably spend some more money on getting a better plane i've only really used radio control cars never really had much of a problem with the radio's on them and they were always 27mhz.