Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Increasing Control Throws

Old 03-01-2004, 03:57 PM
porkins

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Increasing Control Throws

I just got a new CHEAP eletric park flyer. I just wanted something to mess with outdoors without having to go to the field. The plane is made of a foam-type material. All electronics were factory installed. The problem is that the controls are nearly unresponsive, and the plane wants to naturally pitch upward and turn to the right. Looking at the control surfaces (rudder and elevator only), they are straight and level when the sticks are neutral. But when the pushrods are pushing, they push a little and then bend quite a bit. So the distance the surfaces are moving are very limited. How can I correct this? I would also like to increase the throws if I could to get more response, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:57 PM
porkins

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Increasing Control Throws

P.S. It's an Acipter Badius from Shun Da. Some people hate em, some think they are great for the money. Any other suggestions for making sure the plane is air worthy??? What's the best way to get a nice level flight on first launch?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:35 PM
deathspiral

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have one. (had one) First, if you have the flat, white wing, chuck it. Get the poly wing. The white wing works, okay, if it's not warped, but without Aileron, there's not enough D to keep it stable. It will pitch up under throttle, so dial in some down trim, for control throws, there's plenty for the badius, if you're flying in calm wind. You can use the inside hole on the control horns, for more action, but those foam control surfaces, don't do much. I flew it for a month, then tossed it, after taking out all the electronics, and built a steelheadproducts.com, slope panther, which I paid $20.00 for the kit. Flies great!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:19 PM
porkins

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: deathspiral

I have one. (had one) First, if you have the flat, white wing, chuck it. Get the poly wing. The white wing works, okay, if it's not warped, but without Aileron, there's not enough D to keep it stable. It will pitch up under throttle, so dial in some down trim, for control throws, there's plenty for the badius, if you're flying in calm wind. You can use the inside hole on the control horns, for more action, but those foam control surfaces, don't do much. I flew it for a month, then tossed it, after taking out all the electronics, and built a steelheadproducts.com, slope panther, which I paid $20.00 for the kit. Flies great!
Where can I get a poly wing? The wing it came with is curved....is this the one you recommend? Did you use the electronics from this kit in that other kit?
Old 03-05-2004, 04:37 PM
deathspiral

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

raidentech.com for cheap access to all Slope Diver/ Badius parts. The wings are $7.00. It was a fantastic bargain for a newbie, and I went through plenty of wings. Tape the wings up with packing tape!!!!

They will last a lot longer that way. Yes, I took the servos, RX and even used the speed control, although the panther was a sloper--no motor. since the Bat is 8.4 volt, I didn't want to buy a new 4.2 volt and charger, so I used the ESC to step down the voltage. Now, I'm bulding an Electric Panther, Thermal version, I just ordered up parts off Raidentech.com for this one, including an extra set of crystals, for the second rx.
the panther is just a fantastic slope trainer--and I love the slope, because it's a super thrill.