Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 10:02 PM
RNelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

I am wanting to get into r/c, I am 40 years old, my son bought me one of tose NIKKO jeeps for my birthday, and I have had a blast with this thing,,,,,but am thinking of getting one of those elelctic planes on e-bay,3 channel, 8.4 volt,,,,,,,advise me,,,,that is why I am here, I do not know anything.

THANKS ROCK
Old 03-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Newbie

You'll have to be a liiiittle more specific. Some of those inexpensive, all-in-one planes on Ebay are okay, but many are absolute JUNK. The Jeep may be a blast, but buy the wrong plane, and you'll want to do some blasting of your own

Check out the "Good First Planes" thread at the top of this forum for some ideas.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:16 PM
tkgavette

Default RE: Newbie

Hi, you sound like me, and probably everyone else getting into this. I have narrowed it down to 2 planes, the T-hawk, and the Tiger Moth. You found the right place to get alot of info, almost overwhelming at times.

The number one thing you willl hear is get a good radio. One that can go on to your next plane. because if you get hooked, and you will, you wont want to throw that $100 bucks away because you can not upgrade.

Good Luck!