Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Slow Stick's Maiden Flight...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Slow Stick's Maiden Flight...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 07:50 PM
nub111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick's Maiden Flight...

...took it right into a chain-link fence... Blah. The prop shaft (is that what the now bent threaded rod sticking out of the 300c engine called?) is wrecked, and one of the propeller blades broken off... but alas. Now the question is, just where can I get replacement parts? All e RC is the only place I've found so far that has both the shaft that I need and the propellers, but I'd rather stay away from paypal. Any recommendations guys?
-J
Old 04-24-2004, 10:48 PM
czechyour6

Default RE: Slow Stick's Maiden Flight...

Don't you have a local hobby store? sorry to hear your bad news. Its a little tricky getting the c clip off the shaft, but it can be done. Horizon is the GWS dealer, so they should have it all? good luck! make sure your not tail heavy, some fly better with the wing LE back 6" and the battery in front of the wing.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you take the C clip off, do it inside a plastic bag or you'll have a lot of fun finding it after if flys off!

Lately, I've been doing business with www.backyardflying.com and been happy with both the prices and the service. It is in Canada. Shipping prices are some of the most reasonable I've seen. About $3.50 for anything under $50 and free if it's over. Not sure what it costs to ship to the States. You'd have to visit the website.

Sorry to hear about the crash.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:57 AM
nub111

I do live somewhat close to one, but it's a half an hour drive away, and my parents aren't as enthused about this hobby as I am... *sigh* I really need to get more practice driving on highways ; ) But anyway, back to that c clip business... by that, do you mean that oddly shaped pseudo-washer behind the rear bearing? It clips onto the prop shaft to prevent it from moving, right? Well if it did... it's sort of bent out of shape, now... my bad . But does it come with the prop shaft replacement parts (I spy a few nuts, a washer, and -something- else in there) or do I have to bend it back to shape?
-J
Old 04-25-2004, 09:01 PM
pgitta
My Feedback: (3)

C-clip, Shmee-clip. Take a pair of pliers and bend it back to a reasonably straight condition. It ain't the space shuttle after all. It'll be fine with a slight wobble. Mine is.

Buy a few props so you're not without one if you break another. They're only 3 bucks a piece.

With spare props and packing tape, nothing can keep the SS down!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:57 AM
nub111

I did exactly that, and straightened the prop shaft as best I could, to boot. So it's back in the air! Yay! Well, other than the fifteen minutes or so it takes for the prop to reglue every time I crash land the thing ; ) Thanks for your help, guys!
-J