Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Extra 260 3D questions

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Extra 260 3D questions

Old 06-06-2004, 11:43 AM
moterhead
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra 260 3D questions

Hello Group,

I am new to this sport and have spent many hours reading in the forums and really do like the idea of a foam type plane that can fly in small areas and seems fairly easy to fly. I have been looking at purchasing the Extra 260 3D by Troy Buily Models. http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/FE260.html My questions are, What do you all think of this plane? Will a brushed motor be good to start with to train with? What would be a good transmitter to use? If this turns out like I expect I would like to purchase another type plane and want to use the transmitter with it.

One last question, are there any 3d flyers here in Austin Tx that could give me some pointers in person and maybe help with a little flight training? Im a Master ASE certified Automotive tech with 20 years exp..... maybe a little trading??

Thanks in Advance
Old 06-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra 260 3D questions

I would take the manufacturer's claims that this plane is an "ideal trainer" with a grain of salt. While it is true that some lightly-loaded fun-fly/3D models can be used as first planes, if you dumb-down the controls, not all of them are suitable. Since I am not familiar with the plane, I can't say yea or nay.

For the price, though, you really can't go wrong. Even if you do turn it into foam snow, everything else should be reusable.

From the looks of the size and weight, a Speed 300, or GWS EPS350C, brushed power system should be more than enough.