Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

which lithum charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 09:51 AM
barelias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which lithum charger

im trying to put a lithum battery in my tigermoth its 1050mah,but i dont know which lithum charger should i get. i dont want some thing expensive. also is lithum batteries and liploy and li-ion all the same ? lithums. they all take one kind of charger?
Old 06-27-2004, 01:44 AM

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: which lithum charger

The main difference between LiIon and LiPoly is packaging. LiIon are contained in a metal casing like normal alkaline/NiCd/NiMH batteries. LiPoly are contained in plastic. Both have the same charging requirements.

For more information, check out our Eflight Power Sources forum, and look up Red's R/C Battery Clinic at http://www.rcbatteryclinic.com. Also see sites like www.tanicpacks.com and www.fmadirect.com. Read the warnings they post regarding the care and use of LiPoly batteries before you make your purchase.

As far as buying a charger, you can spend as little as $20, or you can spend hundreds. Just make sure you purchase a charger that is designed for LiPoly batteries, and is rated to charge the number of cells in the pack you buy (It'll probably be 2). They're not hard to find.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Defranci

With a TM, I would guess that you are using 2 cell packs. The Apache 1215 has served me well over the past 14 months. Ay $30 they are a terrific charger and a great bargain. If you plan to go to very large packs, or a number of different sized packs, then I would suggest you look at the Astro 109 for $130. Lightflight RC handles both and Dave is a great vendor.
http://www.lightflightrc.com/
Old 07-01-2004, 10:30 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

The triton works well up to 4 cells
Milton
Old 07-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Dave in VA

The Astro 109 is the Mercedes of Li chargers. Look no further. [link=http://www.astroflight.com/e/env/0001eTtlT2TIAl8gSQ0u6J3/store/store-Chargers.html?link=/store/store-type-tem.html&item=products:af-109]Astro Flight[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12265.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	150636