Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Building a Slow Stick [ Websites ]

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Building a Slow Stick [ Websites ]

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 01:58 PM
destinyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a Slow Stick [ Websites ]

Hiya all. Was wondering if anyone knew of any illustrated (and well, but not too verbosely) documented website pages online where someone goes through the building of a SLOW STICK? I'm not having any problems with the instructions that came with it yet, but I would like a couple of resources on hand if I can find them. I have already found one "review" here which also has pictures, but was wondering if there was anything else out there.

Cheers!
D.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Building a Slow Stick [ Websites ]

The Slow Stick is one of the most widely discussed airplanes out there. If you can't find a thread on any issue you come across, start one
Old 07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
destinyy

OK, first question. Sitting directly on the fuse, the slow stick tail and wings are perfectly symmetrical and balance identically (in terms of distance) from the ground to the wing and tail surfaces on both sides. But when the landing gear is on, the plane seems to list slightly to port ... so that the tail looks tilted to the left a bit. Take the landing gear off and set the fuse-stick back on a flat surface and it all looks good again. My question is, will this affect the flight or takeoff at all? It's about 10mm difference...
Old 07-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Your landing gear simply needs to be bent so the plane sits level. It's not critical, however. You'll probably tweak the gear pretty hard once or twice during the learning stages. Just straighten them.

It will amaze you how far out of whack the plane can be, and still fly well.