Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Megatech Skyliner...How bad did I screw up??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Megatech Skyliner...How bad did I screw up??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Jagzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megatech Skyliner...How bad did I screw up??

Well I bought a Used but in New condition Megatech Skyliner of the auction site in a impulse/beer induced bidding session. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm having second thoughts. I did not realize that it did not have a speed control for the motor, so it's full throttle of nothing. After showing it to some guys at the local club flying field, they really were not impressed at all with it. Besides no speed control, they figured it was to small and heavy an aircraft. This has really taken the wind out of my flying sails, so to speak.
What I'm asking here is should as a beginner I even try to fly this thing at all, or should I just sell it now while it's still in one piece and call it a day? I realized when I bought it that there would be a learning curve that would involve a few/lot of crashes, and I was prepared for that, and the Skyliner was advertised as a learner aircraft. But now I'm wondering if it's just gonna be a big disaster, and I should sell it now and walk away from it. What do you guys think?
Jag
Old 09-17-2004, 07:33 PM
ElectricFlyer_17

Default RE: Megatech Skyliner...How bad did I screw up??

You shouldn't have bought it. Sorry... I have had a bad experience with megatech in the past and almost gave up. Then I decided to try one more time. I am currently learning to fly with a [link=http://www.hobbyzonesports.com/Products/Detail.aspx?ProductID=HBZ3500]Hobbyzone Aerobird Challenger[/link] I think this is a really good plane for a beginner.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Arznek

Default RE: Megatech Skyliner...How bad did I screw up??

I had a bad experience overall with Megatech products and customer service. I second the recommendation of the Hobbyzone Aerobird Challenger. It can take one heck of a beating and replacement parts are very easily obtainable at a moderate price.