Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

how is a trainer cord is used

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

how is a trainer cord is used

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 12:46 AM
barelias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how is a trainer cord is used

i got 2 JR max 4 radios and a trainer cord. i couldnt get them to work for some reason. the trainer radio has to be without battery, without antenna doesnt matter,right? and the buttons has to be at the same place of each radio? or how ?
Old 10-26-2004, 04:45 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: how is a trainer cord is used

JR requires a fully charged battery. Other manufacturers power the student transmitter with the instructor's battery, but JR requires the student box to have its own battery power.

However, they have it set up so that just plugging in the cord activates the student box. You don't have to turn on the switch - and you should not! It would be transmitting on its frequency!

At that point, you'll have to set the reversing switches correctly for the plane, trim the plane with each box independently, and you're ready to go!

Good luck,
Dave Olson

ORIGINAL: barelias

i got 2 JR max 4 radios and a trainer cord. i couldnt get them to work for some reason. the trainer radio has to be without battery, without antenna doesnt matter,right? and the buttons has to be at the same place of each radio? or how ?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's easiest if you don't intentionally cripple the student box at all. Just remember, DO NOT TURN ON THE STUDENT BOX. Put a piece of duct tape over the switch if necessary.

1. Turn on the master box.
2. Plug the trainer cord into the student box.
3. Plug the trainer cord into the master box.
4. Pull the trainer switch on the master box and test the student box.
5. Adjust servo reversing and trim settings so the plane does not twitch or jiggle when you pull the trainer switch, and the control surfaces move in the correct directions.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt,

My experience with JR is that you do not turn on the master box until both boxes are coupled by the cord. Tried it, the student box never got control. Then tried it per JR instructions, plug in both boxes first, then turn on the master transmitter. Worked as advertised.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson

ORIGINAL: Matt Kirsch

It's easiest if you don't intentionally cripple the student box at all. Just remember, DO NOT TURN ON THE STUDENT BOX. Put a piece of duct tape over the switch if necessary.

1. Turn on the master box.
2. Plug the trainer cord into the student box.
3. Plug the trainer cord into the master box.
4. Pull the trainer switch on the master box and test the student box.
5. Adjust servo reversing and trim settings so the plane does not twitch or jiggle when you pull the trainer switch, and the control surfaces move in the correct directions.