Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

is this good??

Old 10-28-2004, 04:12 PM
basher314

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this good??

i am into nitro caars but i want to get into airplains. i am looking for a good trainer that comes with a 4 channel radio and esc. so far i am looking at the watt age cossar , or the begin-air[link=http://www.parkflyers.com/html/begin-air.html]here[/link] is the link

any advice would be great
Old 10-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: is this good??

I wouldn't start flying with the corsair. My brother has one and the wing breaks where it bends up almost every time he lands if the the wingtip touches the ground. It's also small and fast, not for a beginner. It also comes with a 4 channel radio but on 27 Mhz which is open to interference from cars and boats and stuff. My brother's had interference on most flights. The Begin-Air appears from the picture to have the same type cheap radio.
Look for something like the GWS Slow Stick and get a real 72 Mhz 4 channel radio with a dual conversion receiver.
This will start you out successfully and you won't have to go out and replace the radio when you want to move on.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:37 AM
basher314

does anyone have the begin-air? how do you like it? what are your expiences with it
Old 11-02-2004, 08:05 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

It looks like it could be a pretty fun plane. For a beginner with no experience and no help, I really can't make a determination without having flown one. Right now, I'd stick with known quantities, like the HobbyZone Aerobird, for example. I would steer away from being the "guinea pig."
Old 11-08-2004, 02:16 AM
FlybyPDX
My Feedback: (2)

slow stick for sure!!! It will save you money in the long run.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Starmoon

I am getting a GWS slow stick...

what about a flight pack? what do I need there? my shop doesn't have the one mentioned int he thread above about beginning a/c...can you just one that is based on your radio, IE for me a hitec?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Try to find a nimih or nicad pack, 7 cells, in the 500-1000 mah range. Maybe these.
7 cell KAN 1050
You don't need a receiver battery. The speed control should have BEC, which eliminates the need.