Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Servo trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:31 PM
ravencsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo trouble

Could anyone shed some light on what may be happening with my radio gear please.

I'm setting up my new radio gear rec,servo's etc into a plane and when I switch everything on, one of the servo arms moves and the rest of the servos 'freeze' until the affected servo releases itself.

The setup I have is:
Hitec Flash5
Hitec 555 rec.
3 micro servos, throttle, rudder & elevator
All gear is brand new.

The order I am switching everything on is:
turn transmitter on (throttle to off)
plug batt into esc and switch on.

It is at that momment when I switch the esc on when the servo will move and freeze everything else. The time it takes to unfreeze itself varies, normally 20-30 seconds.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Servo trouble

If you unplug the bum servo, does everything work all right? and which channel is the bum servo plugged into.? Try switching it with another channel.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:59 PM
ravencsr

ORIGINAL: Flypaper 2

If you unplug the bum servo, does everything work all right? and which channel is the bum servo plugged into.? Try switching it with another channel.
If I unplug both rudder and elevator, then throttle works fine everytime. I think this was happening to both rudder and elevator. I will try different servo combinations tonight and try to nail it down.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ESC should be plugged into the throttle channel. Not sure which one it is on Hitec. You don't need a throttle servo. Motor plugs into ESC. Make sure there's no prop on the motor till you get everything set up properly for safety purposes.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:19 AM
ravencsr

Flypaper, sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. ESC is plugged into receiver on channel 3 as per instruction book. Instructions say to put rudder and elevator on Channel 2 + 4.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:59 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Make sure you didn't plug the servos in backwards. It's either that, or the servos are faulty. There are no adjustments or tweaks; it's plug-n-play. If it don't play, then something's broke and needs to be replaced.

This is a 3-channel plane? On a mode 2 transmitter (elevator and aileron on right stick), people typically put rudder and elevator on the same stick when there are no ailerons. That means channel 1 on the Hitec receiver for rudder.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:42 PM
ravencsr

Problem solved. Faulty servo. Thanks to all who replied.

Raven.