Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Possibly obvious question but not for me...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Possibly obvious question but not for me...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly obvious question but not for me...

Hi.
Just got hold of my first brushless setup. E-Go brushless motor, GWS F gear setup, castle creations Phoenix 25 brushless ESC. Going on a Slow Stick to be used for aerial photography.
Anyway, got the motor/gearbox assembled, connectors soldered on, etc and ran into a little problem.
The leads on the ESC are red, white, black in that order but the leads on the motor are red, yellow, and green. Cant remember the order off hand other than the red lead being on the outside. Red to red is pretty obvious. I kind of thought white to yellow since yellow is generally the signal lead with video gear which would make green the negative lead but I sure would hate to let out the magic smoke if I got it wrong![X(]
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Direwolf

Default RE: Possibly obvious question but not for me...

Without going into the details of why, it actually doesn't matter which order the wires are connected. Go ahead and connected the three wires any way you like. If the motor runs in the opposite direction that is desired, then simply swap any two of the three wires.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
iflyatcae

so does that go with any brushless? just plug em in untill it goes the right way?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the help!
Fired it up last night and cant wait to get it airborne. It did run forward the first time but since I have a gear set on it, it spun the prop backwards. Swapped two leads and we are in biz.

Thanks again!