Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

next step balsa

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:01 AM
DARKFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next step balsa

ok i'am getting pritty good with my e-starter and want to start to move to balsa. i was looking at the house of balsa at-6 i was also going to go brushless with it. would this be a good step or should i try to find another low wing kit to build first. oh and this is not my first balsa kit i have 2 glider a spirt and a gentle lady, i also have build numorious rubber free flight kits. i would like a kit but dont see very many offered any sugestions would help thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: next step balsa

Going from an Estarter to the little Ziroli AT6 is like going from a soap box derby car to an Formula 1 racer. The one I saw, flown by Nick Ziroli Sr. himself, was a rocketship. Flew at Warp 9.8. IIRC, it ended up cartwheeling down the far side of the runway. Remember, this was at the hands of an extremely experienced pilot...

Take a look at the stuff offered by www.mountainmodels.com for some nice balsa kits. They'll spoil you with how easy they build and how well they fly, from what I've read.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:22 PM
WolfeWind

I would suggest you go to a brushless GWS Formosa as your next step. Even a stock 350 Formosa with a 2s lipo is an extremely good flyer. Once you have mastered the mid wing design, a lot more possibilities will open up for you.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:45 AM
DARKFLY

i like the formosa but i want to buils some thing foam is nice but balsa is better. ok i was looking at mountain models and witch would u suggest switchback or tantrum.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Flip a coin. You can't go wrong