Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

sky scooter pro any good?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

sky scooter pro any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 05:24 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sky scooter pro any good?

i have the oportunity to buy the sky scooter pro ,is this a good plane ive read a lot about the pro 2,however im able to buy the pro 1 for just £60 and wondered if anyone thinks its as good a bargain as i beleive it is?.has anyone got one or has flown it before?.also is it easy to fly for a newbie?.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:55 PM
martno1fan

Default RE: sky scooter pro any good?

i forgot to mention it has 3 channel controll.proportional speed controll etc.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:55 AM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the pro2..the 1st model was awful...the 2nd one is a masterpiece...IMO...
Old 01-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Brantley

I too have seen this deal - Sussex Model Center, right? I was very tempted and did some research. Now I'm not so sure.
The Pro 2 is over twice the price but comes better equipped. The radio on the Pro 1 is only 27MHz AM whereas the Pro 2 version is 35MHz FM which is much less prone to interference. The Pro 1 motor is direct drive as opposed to geared and the battery is only 300mAh so you are looking at a 3 minute flight tops! Many people say it was underpowered as well. It could still be considered a good deal even if you throw out the radio, motor and battery 'cos you are still getting the airframe, servos and esc for £60, but you will end up spending as much, or more than a Pro 2 to upgrade the rest of the equipment.
One thing I can't find out is weather they changed the airframe at all on the Pro 2. Perhaps somebody else could answer that?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:38 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

I think the airframe between the 1st and 2nd version is about the same...the pro2 is such a great value..here in the U.S it goes for under $140 for the whole rtf kit..including a 72mhz tx..I have yet to see a deal so good with a system unless it came with the cheaper/less reliable toy 27 mhz tx...if you buy the pro2 ..Id suggest you get a 1600 mah 8 cell-9.6 volt battery pack..it helps the plane fly much better by providing more power/torque so the plane climbs easily right from a hand launch..not to mention 12 minute flight times...
Old 01-30-2005, 08:00 AM
martno1fan

thanks for the replys guys ill take youre advice cheers!!
Old 02-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Brantley

UPDATE!

If you have not made a decision yet - get the Sky Scooter Pro from Sussex Models!
It turns out that the details on their website are wrong: they are in fact selling the Pro 2 for £60!
I have just ordered one myself and I know several others are as well, so get your order in now - they won't last long at that price.

Brantley
Old 02-02-2005, 05:06 PM
RC_kid

I have the pro one. I think that it is good all i would o i put a gear box on it. The pro one and two both come with 7 cell 600 mah packs. It is a good first plane and can be fun for an experienced pilot. I am 14 and have bin flying from the age of 6. and i still find the pro one fun.