Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

how good formosa is?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
barelias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how good formosa is?

I fly the pico tigermoth and the pt electric,now i want to start with 3d plane. Is formosa good for a first 3D plane ?or it does some 3D only? how good is formosa?
Old 04-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Alliot

Default RE: how good formosa is?

The formosa is not really a beginner's first plane. However, you should be ok with it if you have some flying experience with the tiger moth. The stock set up comes with a 350 size motor, which is enough for some basic aerobatic maneuvers. Make sure that you use at least a light 7-Cell battery pack if you fly it stock. A thunder power 2C 2100 mah is a good choice and doesn't harm the stock motor. If you need some power, go with brushless.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
jooNorway

The Formosa is not a 3D-plane, it is an acro-plane.
I have never tried the stock motor, but I use an AXI 2808/20 and 3S LiPo, giving me nearly too much power...
Old 04-22-2005, 05:17 PM
SnoTraveler

The Formosa is a great aerobatic airplane. But you have to fly it all the time, meaning it will not recover from a bad maneuver on it's own. I fly mine with the stock motor and gearbox with an 8-cell 650 ma pack from Cheap Battery Packs.

SnoTraveler
Old 06-29-2005, 10:43 AM
chris2fly77
My Feedback: (6)

I fly the whole pattern with my formosa but it is not stock. Power is a park 400 4200kv 6.6gearbox and 10x7 prop. Will go straight vertical for as long as i want. Started doing 3d with it a couple of weeks ago and its not really meant for 3d this is a pattern ship but it can be done. But my advice is if you do go brushless so if you run into trouble you can get out of it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45552.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	291670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73771.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	291671