Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Super Sportster EP ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Super Sportster EP ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 02:18 PM
BlackBuddha
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Sportster EP ARF

I just got a Super Sportster EP ARF any tips on flying,
if anyone has some clips of them flying their Super sportster pls show
thanx
Old 05-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Super Sportster EP ARF

If you're new to the whole R/C thing, I would strongly recommend you seek out assistance from an experienced flyer with this plane. I'd actually recommend a completely different plane altogether for your first, especially if you plan on going it alone. Low-wing planes built from balsa have extremely short lifespans in the hands of first-timers The plane isn't going to fly straight and true right off the bat; it'll need to be trimmed out.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what else to say. If you've got flying experience, and you're confident and comfortable with your current plane, this should be a good plane to move up to. Just don't forget what you've learned. Make your first flights in low wind. Keep your stick movements small, and your maneuvering gentle, at least until you get used to the plane.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:26 PM
8_Ball
My Feedback: (2)

Actually I have been looking for some info on that plane as well. It looks good, but I can't find a flight report anywhere. If someone finds a flight report please post a link... BB, when you get yours built how about posting a flight report?
Old 05-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Roger Q.
My Feedback: (1)

Hi guys: I have this plane, and I can't speak highly enough about it: very stable, does what you tell it to, goes where you want, etc.
The only problem I have had is balancing the darned thing: the battery that came with it is long........., so I have had it shortened: the eight cells are now 5 on the bottom and 3 on the top: works like a wonder, and balance problems worked out. My first flight: I slowly hit the throttle: at about 1/4 throttle the tail came up off the runway, at 1/2 throttle it was almost ready to depart ground, and at 3/4 hrottle it was flying: and at full throttle, it wasn't too terribly fast, but went right along. A brushless motor would run it faster, and a li-poly battery would give more time and performance, but right out of the box, very nice. Hopes this helps. Oh yes, hardly any trimming out at all: however I spend lots of time before flight trimming out, on the ground before any flying. Roger Q lots of fun.