Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

bRAKE ON AND OFF

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:47 PM
crashbandicoot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bRAKE ON AND OFF

I AM NEW TO RC ELECTRICS AND MY SPEED CONTROL TELLS ME HOW TO PROGRAM THE BRAKE AND HOW TO TURN IT ON AND OFF. WHAT IS A BRAKE AND WHY DO I NEED IT? PLEASE HELP.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:04 PM
billz

Default RE: bRAKE ON AND OFF

Whitfin,

A brake on the speed control will stop the motor (propeller) from spinning immediately. Many speed controllers have a few settings (hard for immediate stop, soft for slower stop, or off). The only time I've used the brake is if I have a model that does not have landing gear and you need to stop the propeller before the model lands. I'm sure there are others with more sophisticated uses as well.

Bill
Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

the primary use for brake is to stop the motor and allow a folding propeller to fold. The idea of using the brake to protect the prop on a belly lander is a good one also.
Walt
Old 05-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I disengage mine as it is very hard on the plastic gear if your running a gearbox as it puts a lot of load on the gear. Belly landing is no problem with it freewheeling.