Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Wattage Cessna 180 RTf MOtor issue

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Wattage Cessna 180 RTf MOtor issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:15 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Cessna 180 RTf MOtor issue

This plane is junk. BUt since i got it for christams, i love it. I mean, since htis is my first airplane i do nothing but taxi it around and hope for a time to go flying. The problem, last time i flew it, underpowered. I removed the whole power section as you see in the poc (done by a webcam). I need a more powerful one. THis one fried up anyway. Whats a good one, brushed motors only.

Michal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89512.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	279266  
Old 06-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Wattage Cessna 180 RTf MOtor issue

A GWS IPS power system, like one from a Tiger Moth, should be more than adequate. I believe that's a 7-cell battery with an IPS "A" drive with a 9x7 prop.

Just FYI, it's often not the motor that causes the "underpowered" issue. The motor is usually being underutilized, and is capable of handling far more power. It's either a poor choice for prop, or poor choice for battery.

What'd it come with for a battery? Probably a 6-cell, 7.2V pack. If you replaced that with a 7-cell, 8.4V pack of the same size cells, you'd have 36% more power going to the propeller, without changing another thing.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Wattage Cessna 180 RTf MOtor issue

the thing is, the motor quits working after about a few seconds. It just fails. Too late now, i took it all out, plan to put i nsomething new. I love this plane. I plan to have it as my little pet. How can you add ailerons? I really want to learn. Ill probably boost it to a brushless motor.