Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

hobbyzone firebird scout launching problems

Old 06-04-2005, 10:49 PM
onix212
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default hobbyzone firebird scout launching problems

i bought the firebird scout from hobbyzone and i have been having a hard time hand launching it , it keeps nose diving into the ground i a read the manual follow instructions to the tea and still nothing it seams like it's nose heavy so i started practising my hand launches in my back yard with the battery installed and the motor off i i could almost get it to glide but when i give it full throttel and launch it it head for the ground every time the closest i got to flying it was when i got frustrated and threw it from a small hill top and it took off and hit a tree that when i lost my landing gear no matter how hard i try i can't get it to fly and i can't move the battery back without ripping open the fuse and i have been looking to see if i could find something about it's C.O.G but nothing i alway's throw it into the wind and it just falls like a brick the reason i got this plane becuase everyone said it's so easy to fly i had have better luck with those cheap foamies what am i doing wrong can someone pleae help me before i throw this plane into the garbage i was thinking about getting another more expensive plane but if i can't even fly this one with smart tack forget about another one
Old 06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
dribbe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: hobbyzone firebird scout launching problems

Hi,

I see you have posted the same issue in 3 places now!!!
I am having a hard time keeping up! [X(]

Here is the message I left for you at RCGROUPS!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Check to make sure the tail boom is not broke free from its 'notch' molded into the fuselage several inches ahead of the aft end of the pod.

Crashes can sometimes cause it to come loose... the tail boom will the be 'bent down' and cause a severe nose down trim condition.

Let us know.
David
Old 09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
spinit

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey onix, its funny reading your post because this could be my exact same experience with my firebird-scout [>:]....let me borrow some of your quotes...

i bought the firebird scout from hobbyzone and i have been having a hard time hand launching it , it keeps nose diving into the ground

i a read the manual follow instructions to the tea and still nothing it seams like it's nose heavy

i could almost get it to glide but when i give it full throttel and launch it it head for the ground every time

no matter how hard i try i can't get it to fly

i can't move the battery back without ripping open the fuse and i have been looking to see if i could find something about it's C.O.G but nothing i alway's throw it into the wind and it just falls like a brick

the reason i got this plane becuase everyone said it's so easy to fly

....the only thing different I did was that I did throw this plane in the garbage including the remote charger & box....man, I was so upset [:@]

After I "trashed" this plane I went and got a airplane/glider http://www.raidentech.com/newdesmrarec.html and it was a blast flying this for a few weeks; pretty nice plane that you can take-off from the ground and it takes a lot of abuse, the only thing I replaced was the main wing.

....anways, the plane Im flying now its the parkzone j-3 cub; I've flying this plane for a couple of weeks and I fly it A LOT. I thing that flying the glider helped me learn the basics.

....my .02 .....the firebird scout its a piece of $&%* !!!!!

ORIGINAL: onix212

i bought the firebird scout from hobbyzone and i have been having a hard time hand launching it , it keeps nose diving into the ground i a read the manual follow instructions to the tea and still nothing it seams like it's nose heavy so i started practising my hand launches in my back yard with the battery installed and the motor off i i could almost get it to glide but when i give it full throttel and launch it it head for the ground every time the closest i got to flying it was when i got frustrated and threw it from a small hill top and it took off and hit a tree that when i lost my landing gear no matter how hard i try i can't get it to fly and i can't move the battery back without ripping open the fuse and i have been looking to see if i could find something about it's C.O.G but nothing i alway's throw it into the wind and it just falls like a brick the reason i got this plane becuase everyone said it's so easy to fly i had have better luck with those cheap foamies what am i doing wrong can someone pleae help me before i throw this plane into the garbage i was thinking about getting another more expensive plane but if i can't even fly this one with smart tack forget about another one
Old 09-09-2005, 07:47 AM
AJ1202

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with David it sounds like tail boom is out of it's notch, I have been flying firebirds for a while and all it takes is one crash at the right angle to knock it loose, it is not noticible unless you are looking for it, hold plane level and look down from nose to tail down the boom and it should be straight. If it is not you can simply grab boom close to end of fuse and bend it up with moderate pessure and it will snap back into place, dont wory about breaking it, I dont think you
can put that much to it without it popping back in,remember the boom is fiberglass like a fishing rod and think how hard they are to break. The fire birds are probably one of the easiest planes to get to fly as long as bat is good and tail boom is in place, the only other thing to check is that the tail itself is set in its craddle properly. too much trim can cause this but I haven't seen one off enough to cause nose dive and it not just stand out at you that it was off
Good luck and Good flying
Ace
PS name does not indicate flying ability.... YET
Old 09-11-2005, 11:12 AM
dribbe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If the tailboom is in the notch.....

There are two phillips head screws under the tail.... loosen the back one a couple of turns and push the aft part of the tail up.... tighten the front one about one turn.
This will trim the nose higher.

Did you try the trim tab adjustments in the manual???

David