Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

I've used the simulator now which to buy?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

I've used the simulator now which to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:41 AM
bigroundrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've used the simulator now which to buy?

So this is pretty much the same as everyone else asks but, I have not found the answer that I'm looking for.

I have logged several hrs on the g2 simulator I bought back in Jan. If you asked my wife about it she'd say she wished I had never bought it. forget her though right. Now I need to buy a plane I looked at the t hawk and at all hobby zone planes so I don't need to know the pros and cons. I don't know if I'm a beginner or at a higher level. from the moment I flew a plane on the sim I found it easy. don't get me wrong I wasn't good at it. but now I think that I am. the plane that I love to fly on the g2 is the cap 232. I have found that one to be the easiest for me. I would like to know if real flight is harder or just like the sim for I have never flown one out side my office. I like the 4 channel and I believe I have a good understanding of how it works. I read alot of people say to start with a 3 or even 2 to get the hang of things. If i could get some feed back on this it would be great. It is time for me to leave the sim and go out side.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:09 AM
TenTen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I've used the simulator now which to buy?

I do not know how realistic the G2 is since I have only used (quite a lot) the FMS. In the FMS the planes are generally easier to fly and much more responsive than in real life.

My opinion is that if you have enough time on a simulator, then a Hobbyzone or the T-Hawk plane will be fine for you, since they are very stable and easy to fly planes (I have an Aerobird Challenger but I think the T-Hawk flies similarly).

As long as the 4ch planes I would suggest to gain some experience with a 3 channel and then move up. You can get your 4channel or your low wing war bird a bit later. After all no one has only one plane is his/her collection...!

My route was: Aerobird Challenger - Hobbico Ventura - Parkzone Stryker - GWS Me-109